21

Kaira pressed the doorbell with a shaky heart and stepped back, waiting for someone to open it. Ansh parked the car and stood beside her, covering her back, making kaira's heart skip a beat.

The door opened with a squeak, and kainaat appeared in a beautifully looking white dress that complimented her beauty.

Kaira leaped forward and embraced her mother in a delightful hug.

"I understand i am the son-in-law, but at least dont make me feel left out." Ansh spoke and walked past the couple and hugged Reyhan, who stilled.

"You are so jealous of me," kaira rolled her eyes and greeted her stepfather with a nod.

"Huh what do you have that i would be jealous of, my father in law doest make all of these doley sholey (biceps) just for show" Ansh now came towards her mother in law and side hugged her and pressed a kiss on her forehead as well which made kainaat look at the boy in awe. .

"Does she take care of you, hm?" Kainaat questioned sneaking a glance at her daughter, who was now pouring some water.

"Apna khayal rakhle mere liye buhat hai"
(It will be enough for me if she takes care of herself)

"Come on now, let's have dinner!" Kainaat chirped and pulled both of them towards the dining room where a variety of dishes were kept.

"Omg, sasu maa such lavish dinner for me, ohh i feel like a vip," Ansh exaggerated and fanned himself like a celebrity while kaira passed a stink eye.

"Ofcource, you are our only son in law you are very important and vip," reyhan spoke with a hint of cruelty.

The family sat down on their respected seats and shared a lovely dinner. Ansh and kainaat had now become a team and teased kaira, which made the girl irritated. However, someone's keen gaze was quitely observing the coversation.

"Ansh could you sign these papers, its regarding the new project" reyhan brought some papers seeing Ansh sitting alone in the living room.

"I think it'll be better if papa or bhai signs them, you know that i am not much into this field" ansh calmly replied making reyhan's jaw clenched.

"I want my son in law to this honour" reyhan forwarded the papers.

"I'll read them first" Ansh kept his phone aside and moved forward to grab the papers. "But which project is this? Nor papa neither bhaiya told me about this, we usually have a meeting first."

Reyhan remained quiet.

"Chai!" Ashi came inside followed by kaira who paused for a second seeing the papers in Ansh's hand.

"Ohoo thankyou sasu maa!!" Ansh kept the papers aside and started conversing with Ashi getting lost in the gossip.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Spotting some light coming from the study, Ansh who came out to refill the water jug went towards it. He entered the study room and saw Aarav's head engrossed in the bundle of files.

"Bhaiya? You up this late" Ansh grabbed the revolving chair and sat on it. "Need to finish off some work" aarav replied sparing a quick glance at him.

"How was your dinner at susral?" Aarav asked without lifting up his head.
"Yah about that! Are you and dad involved in a new project?" Ansh questioned with his eyebrows furrowed. Aarav looked up at him and shook his head making Ansh's light bulb lit up.

"I was planning to do something special for kaira, give me ideas." Ansh thoughtfully asked.
"Honeymoon" aarav blankly replied and switched on his laptop.
"Omg! Is baat pe aapka mun chum lo" Ansh acted like a thrilled child ready to go on swings.
Omg i want to kiss your face on this matter
"Pao chum lo mun mera teri bhabhi chum legi" Aarav looked at him and smiled while Ansh stared at his brother in disbelief.
Kiss my feet, your sister in law will kiss my face
"Do you need some help?"
"No, you'll mess it up either way go and sleep"
"Cant you be more nice?!"
"Fuck off yar!" Aarav irritatedly replied and Ansh replied with a middle finger leaving the study. 

He entered the room and saw kaira sitting on the bed, a while ago who was sleeping soundly. 

"What's wrong? Why is my bacha up?" Ansh asked with concern lacing his tone and upon his voice kaira looked at him. "Where did you go? " she questioned back with a horror stricken face which made Ansh more concerned. He went to her side and poured out some water for her. He passed the glass to her but she refused to hold it. "I went to refill the jug, why? Did you see a nightmare baby?" Ansh attatched the glass with her lips forcing her to drink some water. 

"Yes, just saw something." Kaira wiped her forehead and stared at his face which was glowing under the night light. Ansh layed her back and closed the lights. He slipped into the sheets and moved closer to her, his hand was under kaira's head while the other was securedly wrapped around her waist. Ansh digged his face in her brown hair sniffing the scent which calmed his heart. His hands softly caressed her tummy giving a soothing affect all around her body. 

"Ansh?" Kaira called out and 

"Yes mera bacha" without saying anything kaira turned around and stuffed her face in her chest drifting into her.     peaceland. 

                                                                                   🎀🪞🩰🦢🕯️  ༘⋆🌷🫧💭₊˚ෆ