19 | The Princess Charming

BELIEVE

Yria's POV

"Corey! COREY!" I screamed the name of the stupid and fickle assistant in the dressing room.

"Yes? Yes? I am here, miss!" The puny human came stumbling down the room with an iPad clutched to his chest, his chestnut hair tousled, his breaths ragged and his dark blue eyes red as if the weak human just woke up from his sleep. I gritted my teeth in his presence.

"You were sleeping on the job?!" I gritted my teeth before grabbing a hairbrush and throwing it at him.

"Ah! Please! I am so sorry, ma'am! I was tired and I thought your performance would last for two more hours." He tried to explain.

"Ma'am!" He screamed as I grabbed him by the throat, my fingernails grazing his neck harshly.

"No... please..."

"Puny humans! I should have known better when I hired you for the job. No amount of determination and hard work can keep up with the demand. I have specific needs! Why can't people keep up?!" I threw him off harshly again on the floor, his body slamming hard on the tiled floor. His grunts echoed with the music of the club but I was sure no one could hear us.

"I am so sorry, miss." He coughed out.

"Yria!" A voice boomed as the door was kicked down, making the wooden doors fall into splinters.

"WHAT?!" I whipped out only to see the two creatures who had confronted me out front.

"Leave me alone or blood will spill." I challenged them, hoping they would leave me alone after a threat. The burning sensation returned on my right thigh making me break a sweat. The huge man with chocolate skin ignored my word, his stance battle-ready.

He's a soldier...

Next to him was a young girl, her violet eyes going up and down on me, judging me. A sense of insecurity waved over me, sending chills down my spine that I couldn't help but put my guard up.

"The fuck do you want, bitch?! Stop staring at me!"

"You are in danger, Yria." The man warned and I scoffed.

"Monsieur Whoever-The-Fuck-You-Are, you have no idea who I am. I am in constant danger. This stupid bitch behind me failed me tonight that's why you found me in the first place." I glared at Corey who began to push himself up but stopped with one look from me.

"We're not here to harm you. We're here to help you."

"Help me? HELP ME?! I am perfectly fine until you barged into my life and here you are claiming to take care of me and that I am in danger? Excuse me and pardon my French. Dégage, j'essaie de travailler!" I cursed at them, telling them to get the fuck out.