Out for blood

Aurora's POV-

The shrill scream of the woman sent chills through me.

Calvin.

Before Greg could think to stop me, I ran towards her screams, whoever she was, in hopes that I could talk him into saving her.

I ran through the trees towards the pack house before skidding to a stop in the clearing- chills again. And soon enough, white hot anger followed.

Calvin was smiling wickedly while holding a terrified-looking child. That child was Andy. Mary was on her knees screaming for mercy. He had been watching far more than I had realized. My weak link - a defenseless child.

"Aurora, my love, so nice of you to join us. We were just about to have... a bite, you could say"

I snarled at his idiotic vampire joke, and snapped my teeth at him.

"Wuna? Wuna! Want mommy!" , Andy cried out.

I had every intention of getting him back to his mommy. Without a care in the world of my nakedness, I shifted.

"Give him back to Mary, Calvin. You don't want him", I said.

"Ah but I'm so thirsty."

I decided to try a different route.

"Calvin. It's me. I know you've been looking for me. I finally remember you, darling. I thought I had lost you."

Calvin's eyes softened, but he scoffed.

"You're clever, Aurora. But you're not clever enough."

"How long has it been? Goodness, we've wasted so much time. Let's stop this bloodshed and go back to the castle. We can finally be together."

Calvin loosened his grip on the boy, and Andy took it. He ran to a sobbing Mary as fast as his little legs could take him.

"Oh my baby. My baby. Don't you ever do that again."

"Calvin, come on. Let's go home."

He reached a hand for me, and pulled me in closely.

"You ran away the first time, but I'm so glad that you've come around my love", he smiled.

"How long has it been?", I said seemingly confused.

"Too long. And it's time you go by your true name. Sylvia."

Sylvia. My great grandmother.

"NOW Damien!" I shouted through the pack link.

I had distracted the vampire enough to where he hadn't sensed the presence of the ginormous alpha behind him. And together, we shifted and ripped his head clean off of his shoulders. Then we threw a lit match on his stunned and broken face.

"Aurora, if you weren't my mate I'd kill you! Don't you ever do that again." Damien shouted through the link.

I rolled my eyes and playfully licked him on the snout.

I felt my fur being tugged on, and turned to see sweet little Andy looking up at me.

He hugged my neck, " Thank you wuna for saving me from the mean man. He made mommy cry."

I smiled and licked his hands gently.

Mary, with tear stained eyes, said, " I can never thank you both enough. I thought I lost my baby back there, and I lost myself thinking about it"

I knew that feeling well. I nodded at her, with knowing eyes.

Damien watched us all with pride. I bounced over to him and nuzzled underneath his chin.

"Let's go home" I said through the link.

__________________________________

Damien's POV-

She was so tired. When we got home, the poor thing just collapsed in the bed. I didn't even bother trying to put clothes on her - why ruin her peaceful sleeping? I laid beside her and put her head on my chest.

"Rest, my love."

I still couldn't believe that this tiny, feisty woman was my mate. And one hell of a luna already.

I grinned proudly thinking of how clever she had been today. Then she moaned and snuggled into my chest.

"Secrets", she mumbled in her sleep.

I eyeballed her suspiciously. Secrets?

And then the smell hit me. Her heat? No no. Something different.

My eyes bugged out of my head. My mate was most definitely pregnant. And she had most definitely been keeping secrets.