The twisted hands of fate

-Damien's POV-

I nudged my beta in the ribs, waking him up.

"Come on man, really what's the rush?" Calvin loudly complained.

I growled lowly, " Calvin. I can't stop, my wolf is trying to break out. It would do you good not to go against me. " I gritted between my teeth.

Calvin's eyes grew before he bowed saying "yes alpha. "

It was true. I was looking for my mate, the one I'd dreamed of my whole life.
Everyone knew I was on a hunt for her.

Many she-wolves tried to fill the void but I refused.
Waiting for my mate was my main priority.

But now my priority was finding her.

From four miles away my wolf was going crazy, and I was so sure she was right around the corner.

It was then that I smelled a rotten, foul, metallic smell. One word.

vampire.
I yelled to Calvin before my transformation into my solid black wolf.

But the vampire behind me, moved fast, dodging me.

I snapped my jaws at him as my fair warning, but he stood tall and mocked me, with a sheer smirk smeared on his face.
He had courage, that was for sure.

Before I could blink, he did the unexpected, holding Calvin by the throat, watching me with his red eyes.
He wanted something, and we were going to find out what, but it wouldn't be the life of my best friend.
I shifted it, and he bitterly laughed.
"So, the big bad alpha couldn't take a vampire? Tsk tsk. "
I viciously growled, shaking the trees around us.
I had him by his neck, fury building up quickly.
" speak up blood sucker. Before I make sure you can't anymore. "
He choked out a laugh, amusement in his eyes.
" Is that a bakery shop I smell up ahead or could it be something more special? Perhaps useful to me hm? Seems something very special is up ahead. " he chuckled darkly, before I realized he'd escaped my grip.

" oh I'll be back dear alpha. I've waited centuries for her. MY luna. And I don't intend to let her bear dogs" , He sneered at me, "Watch your back. "

And with that, he was gone.