14. You Just Need A Hug From The Right Person

/ Luke Ishikawa forgot his boyfriend's birthday. /

---

"Luke, do you remember what day it is today?"

Krist sat in his studio, excitedly calling Luke at 10 in the morning, waiting for the answer with full of anticipation.

"Hmm... lemme guess... 1000 days anniversary?"

"Uh... no!"

"Do we have a lunch date?"

"Um, nope!"

"Well then... I'll call you later, now I have an urgent meeting with the director."

Before Krist could say goodbye, he already heard the beeping sounds on the other end of the line.

"Sawadee Krist, happy birthday meung~" Palm is a close friend of his from the university. They have played music and written songs together for a long time, and now Palm is also a producer at his studio. 

The guy opened the door and wished his friend a happy birthday with a bright smile on his face.

Krist smiled and thanked him, the two talked for a while. 

In the meantime, his phone also kept sending the notifications - it was from his other friends and colleagues from GMMTV and one31. They all wished him a happy birthday as well via the direct messages or stories on social media.

Even some who rarely had conversations with him still remembered his birthday.

"Luke, how could you forget?"

Krist was a little suspicious. He didn't think that Luke really forgot his birthday, so he called his boyfriend again and again and asked him the familiar question.

"What's wrong with you? I'm in a meeting, this is a big project, it would be rude if I answer your call every 5 minutes."

Krist boredly hung up the phone, then tried the coconut pancakes that Palm bought for him as the birthday treat. He smiled lightly when seeing Tae and Big came with a fresh flowers basket and a denim hoodie from his favorite brand - Balenciaga. 

"You really don't remember huh, Luke?"

Being bothered by that thought, he then stood up, grabbed the car key, and told his friends that he would be right back after the lunch break.

'Eyyy, maybe Luke is preparing a surprise party at home, right? That's why he behaves like that!"

He was certain with his own presumption, so Krist impatiently drove home.

Contrary to his expectation, the house welcomed him with a silent, closed door as usual. Krist walked to the backyard and went back to the kitchen to check, he was not there. Luke's car was not in the garage as well.

Nothing! No wish, no text message, he wasted his time driving home as he was looking forward to a small, warm party with his boyfriend and close friends. Or, simply a meal that Luke cooked to celebrate his birthday was okay.

However, all he got in return was a scolding from his boyfriend about disturbing his 'urgent' meeting.

Krist swallowed all the disappointment down to his throat.

The saying, 'Don't expect too much, the one who gets hurt is only you,' was never wrong.

Everything was meaningless now.

Luke is a good person... in everything. He's determined and serious when working, dedicated and considerate in their relationship. Krist thought that he must have been the hero saving the whole world from genocide or something like that in his previous life so that he could meet Luke in this life. But, at the moment, all he felt was nothing but the bitterness from the bottom of his heart.