5

Minho had eventually dozed off on the small couch while waiting for Ryujin to finish her shopping. He stirred from his slumber with a gentle tap on his shoulder, fluttering his eyes open.

He was greeted by Ryujin, wearing an eager smile. "Minnn, wake up! I got them," she said enthusiastically, prompting Minho to rise from his spot.

"You finished shopping?" Minho asked with a raspy voice, one eye closed as he adjusted to the brightness.

"Yup, and I've also selected your clothes," Ryujin emphasized the "p."

"Where are they? I want to see," Minho inquired, scanning the area for the clothes Ryujin had picked.

"Oh, honey, I already paid for them. They're in those bags over there," Ryujin replied, puckering her lips toward the direction where all her shopping bags were neatly gathered.

Minho's brows furrowed at the sight of Ryujin's numerous shopping bags. 'Why are there so many of them...' he wondered.

"Why..." Minho began, but before he could finish, Ryujin cut in, anticipating his thoughts.

"Why so many shopping bags? All the clothes they showed me for you were just too GOOD to pick only one!" Ryujin explained animatedly, her enthusiasm evident in her exaggerated gestures.

"I thought it was for just ONE date?" Minho raised an eyebrow, trying to grasp the logic behind the excessive shopping.

"Well, yes, but I got you ten sets just in case. More choices, better impression," Ryujin said matter-of-factly, seemingly unfazed by the amount spent on clothes.

"Ten?!" Minho's eyes widened in disbelief, his mouth agape as he processed the excessive number.

"Yep, various styles! Soft girl look, girl boss vibes, winter and fall attire, even a Disney princess vibe, AND A LOT MORE, YOU'LL SEE LATER!" Ryujin's excitement bubbled over as she jumped in sheer happiness at the store's range of designs.

Minho was left speechless, trying to catch up with Ryujin's fervor.

"I even got shoes—heels, boots—and accessories to match your outfits," Ryujin continued, taking Minho's hand and leading him to the pile of bags, the latter absently following her lead.

They stopped in front of the bags, Ryujin beaming contentedly at her haul. "Now, chop chop, help me load these in the trunk," she said, ready to tackle the next task.

At that, Minho finally snapped out of his shocked trance with a shake of his head. "Am I not going to fit them?" he asked, still bewildered by the sheer volume of clothes.

"Minho, unlike you, I have class today and I don't have time to wait for you to try everything on and give feedback," she explained sternly, gathering up some of the shopping bags.

"If only you hadn't fallen asleep, you could've tried them while I was choosing," she added, already taking the lead to the car.

"What if they don't fit me, though?" Minho raised an eyebrow, trailing after Ryujin with his own armful of bags.

"Oh, trust me. They'll fit," Ryujin assured him as they loaded the shopping bags into her car with the help of store staff.

Once they finished loading everything, Ryujin drove back towards their home. Minho was still a bit dazed, processing what he'd agreed to and imagining the various scenarios of the upcoming date.

Returning to their place, Ryujin urged Minho to swiftly unload the remaining shopping bags, as she had a class to attend, unlike Minho who had the rest of the week off after finishing his exams.