7

Minho stood stiffly before a large mirror in a room adorned with pastel pink hues. Garment racks lined the sides, filled with clothes, while two women observed him closely.

The poor male was currently adorned in a long, brown, wavy wig that felt like a weight on his head, a corset that seemed determined to flatten all his organs, towering heels that were already causing agony to his toes, and to top it off, a book balanced precariously on his head.

Minho's smile reflected in the mirror was strained, clearly forced, as he attempted to maintain the book's balance while enduring Ryujin's constant prodding with a stick every time he slouched, while the other woman watched Minho's reflection intently.

"You can't smile like that in front of THE Hwang Hyunjin," the girl with Ryujin advised, signaling Minho to adjust his smile.

Minho's eye twitched at the comment, attempting to conjure a more presentable smile while enduring the torture his body was going through. He felt like he was being groomed for royalty.

"Come on, Min. You can do better than that," Ryujin chimed in, her tone almost eerie as she persistently tapped the stick against her palm, reminding Minho of the strikes Ryujin landed on his back earlier. 

Minho felt his cheeks ache from smiling, enduring what seemed like hours. "Can I at least take a break, Chaeryeong?" he uttered through clenched teeth, still struggling to maintain his smile.

Chaeryeong, the girl with Ryujin, turned to the latter, arching her eyebrows in a silent query about allowing Minho a breather. With a grumble, Ryujin reluctantly relented. "Fine, take a 5-minute break. But then we're back to practice. You've only got two days left before the date, Minho, and we can't afford to waste any time," she scolded.

At Ryujin's permission, Minho gratefully let his smile fade, sagging his shoulders as he rubbed his aching face. "This is torture," he grumbled, shuffling over to the room's sofa, stumbling a bit due to the heels.

Ryujin stood beside Minho, with Chaeryeong following suit. "You're not just going on a date with any guy, Minho. You need to be at your best when you meet him. What was his name again?" Ryujin asked, turning to Chaeryeong for confirmation.

"Hwang Hyunjin, Ryujin," Chaeryeong confirmed, her tone hinting at disbelief that Ryujin and Minho weren't aware of THE Hwang Hyunjin.

"Yeah, Hwang Hyunjin. I even skipped my classes just so Chaeryeong and I could train you," Ryujin scolded, placing her hands on her hips, watching Minho, who was now slumped against the couch, sweat beading down his forehead.

"I didn't ask to be trained, and why do I need two people coaching me?" Minho retorted, his head leaned back against the couch, eyes fixed on the ceiling.

Chaeryeong and Ryujin exchanged a quick glance before redirecting their attention to Minho. "Chaeryeong is in the fashion industry, Minho. She's more cultured in this kind of stuff," Ryujin explained, gesturing to the area they were in.

They were in what Chaeryeong referred to as the 'glam room.' Lee Chaeryeong owned a fashion brand named 'DALLA DALLA,' though not as prominent as '#Lovestay'. The room was expansive, resembling a fitting room but large enough to be a separate store due to the clothes it housed.

Ryujin clapped her hands together, turning to Chaeryeong and Minho with a broad smile. "While you're resting, how about Chaeryeong gives you an overview of your date? She knows more about Hwang-something than I do," she suggested, eliciting a groan from Minho.

"Fine," Minho responded, feeling himself hanging by a thin thread already.

And with that, Ryujin nudged Chaeryeong, urging her to proceed. Chaeryeong, rolling her eyes playfully, positioned herself in front of Minho, who sat up attentively, ready to absorb whatever she had to share.