15

The sound of low footsteps against the ground and passing chatter accompanied Jisung as he made his way to the designated meeting spot with Yeji. Having decided to go to her, he sent her a quick message informing her of his arrival.

Lifting his head from his phone, Jisung arrived at the venue's entrance, where a crowd moved in and out. Food stalls scattered around the area and decorations highlighted the event within.

Seeking a less crowded corner outside the venue, Jisung scanned the area, looking for the familiar figure of Hyunjin's female version.

Before long, a saccharine voice reached Jisung's ears.

"Sungieeee!" The voice chimed, followed by excited footsteps.

"Yeji," Jisung murmured, turning towards the source. There, he spotted Yeji running toward him, a wide grin lighting up her face.

A small smile tugged at Jisung's lips as he saw Yeji, about to greet her when he stumbled backward, taken aback as Yeji tackled him in a hug.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Yeji exclaimed, jumping in place as she held onto Jisung.

"It's already bad that my brother won't be able to watch, and now my girlfriend too," Yeji pouted, drawing a chuckle from Jisung. He couldn't help but find her adorable.

"I thought nobody would come and support me, but at least you're here!" she added, pulling away from the hug and latching onto Jisung's arm, swinging it playfully.

"You're quite excited," Jisung remarked, an amused chuckle escaping him, his eyes twinkling. Yeji was one of the few people who had that effect on him.

Yeji let go of Jisung's arm, taking a step back and gesturing to her outfit. "What do you think of our costume?" she asked, anticipation evident in her wide smile.

Jisung playfully placed his fingers on his chin, pretending to ponder as he scrutinized Yeji's attire, emitting thoughtful hums.

The top Yeji wore had a Nutcracker soldier style but with a chic, dominant black color and red accents. Paired with the top was a black skirt with Renaissance-like gold patterns adorning the hem, embellished with chains around the waist area. Completing the ensemble were thigh-high black boots and elegant gold accessories.

To complement the outfit, Yeji's long black hair with purple streaks was neatly braided. Her makeup was subtle yet accentuated her striking features.

"Hmm, turn around," Jisung instructed, and Yeji promptly obliged, twirling to showcase every angle of their dance costume.

"Are you guys a marching band or a dance team?" Jisung snickered, earning himself a swift slap on the arm from Yeji.

"Stop it! Just tell me if it looks good or not," she whined.

Jisung nodded, "It's cute, but really, it depends on how it fits the dance you're doing. What dance are you guys performing?" As they walked inside the venue, their conversation continued.

"That's for you to find out later. But I'll give you a hint; it's going to be classical with a twist," she said with a playful smirk, intending to pique Jisung's curiosity.

Jisung shot Yeji a narrowed side glance, to which she responded with a cheeky smile.

As they stepped inside, Jisung got a proper view of the venue. It was an open field with a stage in the center. The bleachers were already filling up, offering better views of the performance without the worry of the crowd.

Yeji gently held Jisung's hand to ensure he wouldn't get lost in the crowd, especially since he wasn't familiar with the place. Guiding him toward the stage, they maneuvered through the sea of people, aiming for a spot closer to the stage for a better experience.