13

The room lay shrouded in dim light, with only a few amber rays managing to pierce the curtains, casting a gentle glow on the figure bundled in the bed. Soft snores resonated in the room, revealing Minho cocooned in his duvet, peacefully lost in slumber. Though the afternoon sun was already casting its glow outside, Minho, drained from the previous night's events, remained asleep.

Unbeknownst to him, chaos was swiftly approaching his room, the urgent, heavy footsteps a harbinger of impending disturbance.

The room's tranquility was shattered as the door was violently flung open, yet not enough to rouse the still-sleeping Minho.

However, what did jolt him awake was...

"LEE MINHO!"

A piercing scream reverberated, startling Minho from his sleep. His hair tousled in every direction, his eyes flew open, scanning the room for the source of the deafening noise.

Realizing Minho was now awake, Ryujin stormed toward him, each step carrying a forceful sense of fury evident in her expression.

Her jaw clenched, teeth gritted, and eyes narrowed fiercely as she approached Minho.

Still in a hazy, sleepy state, Minho felt a powerful force yank him up by his shirt, shaking him aggressively.

"MINHO, I TOLD YOU TO MAKE HIM LOSE INTEREST!" Ryujin screamed into Minho's face, her voice a blend of fury and a hint of teetering on the edge of tears.

Minho felt himself growing dizzy from the aggressive shakes, so he grabbed Ryujin's hand, trying to halt her movements.

"Huh..?" he managed groggily, squinting as the remnants of sleep clouded his vision.

"HWANG HYUNJIN WANTS ANOTHER DATE, MINHO!" Ryujin exclaimed, exasperated.

At her words, Minho's eyes began to widen, his mind finally comprehending the situation.

"W-Wait... What?" Minho stammered, seeking clarification, his eyebrows furrowing and lips slightly parted.

Ryujin had stopped shaking Minho by this point, hastily reaching for her phone to show him something, her movements appearing clumsy as Minho observed.

Once she had her phone out, she promptly handed it to Minho, her expression still fraught with dread.

"Mom texted me earlier. Hwang Hyunjin contacted her, saying he wants to see me—uh, you again!" Ryujin rambled while Minho read the messages displayed on the phone. His eyes widened once more, his face contorting into alarm.

"No—no, no, no," he repeated, moving the phone away from his sight.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO MAKE HIM LOSE INTEREST?!" Ryujin scolded, quickly taking her phone back from Minho, anticipating he might hurl it away given his reaction.

"I DID try to make him lose interest," Minho protested, defending himself, remembering the lengths he went to that night just to deter Hwang Hyunjin's interest in him.

"THEN WHY IS HE ASKING FOR ANOTHER MEET-UP?!" Ryujin demanded, frustration evident in her voice.

"I DON'T KNOW?!" Minho countered, the intensity of his and Ryujin's voices merging, resonating within the room.

"YOU DO REALIZE YOU'RE THE ONE MEETING HIM AGAIN, RIGHT?"

"WHAT?" Shock overwhelmed Minho at that very moment, his voice cracking as he uttered those words.

"I ONLY AGREED TO ONE DATE, SO NO, NO, NO!" Minho emphasized, vehemently shaking his head. He stood up from his bed, grasping Ryujin's hand and urging her towards the door.