Christmas Eve

Felix's POV

It was Christmas Eve. We were having a private party at our dorm. No staff, no cameras, just us, food and... alcohol! Some people from other groups stopped by for wishes and a drink but, as time passed by it was just us guys.

Minho and Han were passed out on the couch along with the two young ones. Changbin was dancing alone, hugging a pillow. Chris was sitting at the table, with his head on his hands mumbling, probably contemplating his life choices. And you, you were giggling happily intoxicated at everything you saw around you. I was in a somewhat better state, just mildly dazed and I was watching you, with a smile on my face.

You stopped in front of me. "You are pretty." Your words came out slurred. "You are really pretty, Yongbok –ah. I could just kiss you." "Oh, really?" I asked half-jokingly. "Mmmmh..." You nodded with half closed eyes. "Then, kiss me." I blurted out without even thinking.

You looked at me wide eyed for a brief moment before landing your lips on mine. I was stunned. It was just a brief touch but, I did not expect you to actually do it. Before I could react, you pulled away and smiled. "You are really pretty... hiccup..." Then you turned around and walked over to the couch, to collapse on top of Minho. He opened his eyes to see who dared to disturb him and seeing you, he put his arms around you and closed his eyes again.

I would be lying if I said that this kiss did not haunt me for the rest of the night. It was a simple peck but I felt my lips buzz with electricity. The warmth and the sensation, the softness of your plumb lips, the alcohol I tasted... I sighed. What was the point? You wouldn't even remember it in the morning.

After our kiss, I withdrew to my room without anyone noticing and layed on my bed, in the dark. I was lost in my thoughts, pondering how I felt about this, how I felt about you and grew frustrated with myself for not seizing the opportunity to kiss you back. But, that would be wrong. I 'd rather you were sober. I finally fell asleep in the early morning exhausted and was rudely awakened by the alarm that I forgot to turn off.

We had a free day, with no schedule. I got up reluctantly and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for myself. I decided to cook some much needed – as it turned out – hangover soup. It was certain that everyone else -except me- would be suffering.

The guys started emerging from their rooms one by one, sitting around the kitchen table. I suppose the smell guided them. Sleepy smiles and hoarse voices thanked me for my kindness. You came in last. Your hair was still wet. You looked at me apprehensively as you took the bowl of soup I prepared for you from my hands.

"Thank you, Felix." Ah, there it was, a hint of embarrassment. "You are welcome, hyung." I know I sounded disapointed. Avoiding eye contact, you sat with the others.

"Yongbok-ah!" Minho shouted making everyone cringe. "Come sit with us!"

I sat beside you, sipping some tea. You were so focused on eating, it was actually funny. I smiled to myself and decided to let it go. If something that simple makes you so uncomfortable, what is the point, I thought.

***************************************************************

The new year came with a lot of new activities and a plan for yet another comeback. We were working non-stop for two months. Just before the launch, we were given a few days off. I know Chris insisted on this because after the comeback we wouldn't be able to rest for months.

So, as spring break began in Korea, I went back to Sydney. Autumn was approaching here and Stella was home too. She had a few days before returning to college. We were as usual locked in her room.

"You know, my father thinks we are too old to stay here alone all the time. He is suspicious." "Then let's go downstairs, to the living room." "Let's not! Just don't be too loud." "Me?!?" I protested indignantly. "You are the loud one!" Stella scoffed. "Yeah, right. So, tell me." She was playing with my now shoulder length hair. "What happened with your little crush?" "We kissed at Christmas Eve." I chuckled humorlessly. "You kissed?"!? Are you kidding me? Was there mistletoe involved?" "No, no mistletoe. Just alcohol. He didn't remember it the next day." "Oh..." She sounded even more disappointed than me. "So, what now?" she asked stroking my back. I shrugged. "Nothing, I guess."