☽♡ 4 ♡☾

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

Just as stars are bound by the gravitational embrace of galaxies, so too are kindred spirits irresistibly pulled into each other's orbits.

They walked far away from each other in silence through the academic halls before entering a secret passage — but not that secret when Adryn and his family knew about this one. As they traversed the dimly lit corridors, Saphyrine couldn't shake the feeling that this mission held secrets within secrets, and she braced herself for whatever awaited at the journey's end. "I hope you have instructions for me? Because I don't know anything about this assignment."

"Later." Rowan, with a smirk playing on his lips, turned to her. "Adryn sent us alone."

She stopped him immediately with her hand on his, speaking quietly but clearly, "Don't get too excited, this is definitely Adryn's trial at us."

He glanced at her touch with a sly smile, "Lovely, because I found a secret passage near by."

Saphyrine sighed, but hoped they would find a corner to talk. "Rowan, this is a secret passage and Adryn knows about this one—"

"No. No about that one," he stated, moved closer to her, and teleported with her to another location. He hesitated to let her go at first and was still holding her in an embrace with a smirk. Saphyrine's heartbeat was racing, his warmth made her knees weak, and she would rather forget about everything and stay in his arms. His touch was all that she wished for. For a moment, their gazes locked, and Saphyrine chuckled. She wishes they could have a happy ending. She had always imagined their future as filled with love, a happy home, and maybe a few kids. But there was one exception — Rowan had to be happy like that. With her — but she was a monster.

In the heat of the moment, his brown eyes darted to her lips, and he let go of her. She said a little goodbye to his perfect scent of lemons and cedar.

There they were, in a narrow, rusty passageway with stone walls covered in ancient symbols. The enchanted ball of light near them didn't cast enough glow to see that it was leading somewhere. Although it didn't seem particularly dirty, the area had been abandoned for a long time. Long forgotten place. Nothing special, but they didn't have many places to talk without fear. She looked over the area and then turned to look at him. If anyone happened to see or hear them, she was afraid that their little get-together would cost her everything. But they there were, just the two of them.

She approached him, "How many people know you can teleport?"

"You, because I taught you." He was now leaning against a wall, he watched her closely, every part of her it seemed.

"You didn't tell your best friend?" She found it difficult to believe that Adryn would be unaware of Rowan's ability. Even without telling him, he definitely had figured it out already, so they had to be extremely cautious.

"No, I was scared he would tell anyone, we are not supposed to learn that before the graduation." His hand found hers. She gave him a heavy-lipped smile as their fingers tied together.

The desire to touch him, kiss him and keep him near was unbearable.

"I know." she nodded, her lips pressed together in a thin line. She and Rowan had figured out how to teleport way before they should have and had agreed not to use it too often. That nobody would notice them doing so. She wished no one had witnessed their teleportation the previous night to his room.

Their hands squeezed via emotions. "And I really thought he doesn't held secrets that well—" he trailed off with a swallow. Saphyrine felt the pain he must have felt. His best friend had been keeping a secret from him, as well as a girlfriend. He needed time to process everything because his wounds were deep enough, and she was about to tell him much more. She hesitated, but Rowan deserved to know the truth. Her thoughts raced as she braced herself for the bomb, planning to flee.