☽♡ 8 ♡☾

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

Being unseen together strips away the external validations, yet the invisible connection between their souls deepens, forging their bond.

Saphyrine hurried through the labyrinthine floorplan of the Academy, her destination fixed on the dining area — the call of breakfast was too compelling to ignore. Despite Rowan's thoughtful cake from the previous hours, she found herself in a caloric deficit, a reminder of the demanding hours she had dedicated to her work. It dawned on her that carrying snacks might be a wise addition to her routine.

On a brighter note, Rowan was well-equipped with an array of healing potions she had managed to brew after their recent success with his magic containment elixir. However, a minor caveat loomed — his elixir required several hours of boiling before it could be transformed into a convenient pill form. It was just a phase one of the intricate process she had embarked upon.

As she entered the door she collected herself to look composed - she wasn't definitely running late after very precious bathing with Rowan, before their ways had to separate again. For the sake of the secrecy.

Saphyrine held a certainty in her heart that the academy would eventually accept their relationship, but her past misdeeds weighed on her conscience. Adryn's influence was a looming specter, ensnaring her in its grasp. These blossoming lovers had to be again careful that no one knew.

Balancing a stack of plates adorned with vegetables and fried eggs, she navigated the busy place. Approaching Odette's table with a genuine smile, she quickly looked at Rowan. Her overly observed eyes allowed her to take maximum from the second of seeing him. He was sitting already in his starched academic suit, tight enough for his muscles being visible, and tapping on a plate of sweets in front of him. Her breath ragged from the sight. As everything seemed to slow down he met her gaze with a smirk - he noticed. But he wasn't alone so she had allowed herself just this tiny slip-up.

Saphyrine delightfully smiled taking a seat next to Odette with her hair flying in that motion as she knew Rowan was watching her. Just to tease him.

Arietta's greeting met her ears, and she acknowledged the camaraderie with a nod.

"Hi, Saph!"

"Hi, girls. Had sweet dreams today?" Saphyrine's pointed gaze settled on Odette.

Arietta smirked at her words, engrossed in her plate, while Odette, seemingly oblivious to the underlying jab, smiled. "Saph, are you now living in your lab?"

Saphyrine snorted. "Sort of."

In that moment Finnian joined them, sighing as he settled into his seat. "Good morning, gals." He greeted them with a heavy huff of his breakfast on the table. "Ari, damage control?"

Saphyrine remained confused from his approach, seeing the same perplexing face on Rowan across the dining area in the corner of her eye. Then she overheard laughter from Finnian's friends nearby, a reminder of their unrelenting teasing, but Finnian's discomfort seemed to stem from a different source this time.

Arietta cast a quick glance behind him to one table before focusing on her food, muttering. "Ivyrenne is absolutely furious."

He remained immobile in his chair, noting, "Good."

Saphyrine couldn't help but chuckled softly, now feeling Ivyrenne's scrutinizing gaze on her. She lowered her eyes to her breakfast. "Good?"

Finnian met her gaze stating. "She wants me back, but I now know she's not a good person."