☽♡ Rowan: 1 ♡☾

❦︎𝕽𝖔𝖜𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖛𝖎𝖊𝖜: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

In the symphony of shared sorrows, the notes of their pain become melodies that only the love heart can comprehend.

Another sour Monday. Another start to Rowan Frostbloom's week, working on blood suckers' snack alternatives. Another depression.

Rowan walked through the grandeur of the Silvermoon Academy's great hall, a Monday morning ahead full of academic challenges and herbology research. His thoughts lingered on the intricate complexities of plasma fruits and their effects on vampires, a project that would undoubtedly take up the majority of his day. At the very least, he had a research; his abilities at the academy were not particularly impressive, and his only ally in gaining a grand was Adryn Silvermoon. His best friend and the only remaining person at the school who understood him.

Adryn had said it quite poetically when he threw the research at him; vampires already drained a lot of people, so Rowan's goal was to create an excellent alternative to their quirk.

However, this did not imply that Rowan always knew what to do with his work.

The air in the great hall of the Silvermoon academy hung heavy with the scent of herbs and the lingering anticipation of impending dusk — and alchemic wonders by some of the students out there.

Intent on seeking advice and guidance, he navigated the bustling hall toward Adryn. As he nearly approached, his friend may be awaiting him, his back facing him, Rowan felt the familiar presence of someone before he even acknowledged it. It was no doubt whose eyes he felt. Saphyrine?

Ex girlfriend. The girl he had known for nearly his whole life.

Turning toward the highest balcony, Rowan's gaze was drawn to Saphyrine Roselight. The only girl that could move his entire being with just her glance.

A tumult of emotions stirred within him as he observed her scrutinizing Adryn, a situation that seemed to elude even Adryn himself. Rowan's eyes flitted between them, grappling with an unsettling sense of curiosity. But she looked really hurt. So, what was going on?

Saphyrine had avoided them both for the last year. She had first broken up with Rowan, then started ignoring him, and then vanished whenever they were close to her. Rowan never understood what he had done to her to deserve that type of punishment. But he had been respecting her decision to remain away from him. Even when it was a bloody hell.

Attempting to draw Saphyrine's attention, Rowan shot a glare in her direction. He hoped she would catch his gaze, perhaps recognizing the connection that still lingered between them — an old love that refused to fade. At least from Rowan's side. The subtle glance of her deep blue eyes on him was a dance of memories that Rowan couldn't escape. She actually looked at him for the first time in a year.

He gestured almost stiffly with his eyes between her and Adryn. Had Adryn done anything amiss to her?

She didn't respond and kept staring at his best friend's back. If looks could kill Rowan would be at Adryn's funeral right now.

His eyes followed Saphyrine as she, in an unexpected turn, took a swig from a crystal tumbler holding deep amber liquid. And it wasn't a potion she brewed meticulously, nor an elixir to enhance her magical abilities. No, this was a far simpler remedy. Whiskey.

A what?

Rowan frowned as he tried to understand the significance of her actions. Daydrinking was never her cup of tea. So why was she doing that?