obscure love » hanako

yaaay !! first request! thanks again

yaaay !! first request! thanks again. :)

~*~
You tapped your fingers against the desk, trying to stay focused on the daily lesson that was going on in your class. You glanced down at your disorganized notes with an exhausted sigh.

One of Hanako's orbs floated around you, almost hovering above your head as you acted like you didn't notice. You rub your face with one of your hands, now tapping your pencil against the side of your face gently.

I regret summoning him already. You softly scowled underneath your breath, writing down the notes the teacher had written quickly before they got erased.

You tried swatting the orb away from you, yet it fazed through your hand. Glancing at the door and at the teacher, you decided to raise your hand to use the restroom.

"Yes, Y/N?" The teacher looked over their shoulder with a slow blink, already looking tired of being interrupted by many students. You slowly lowered your hand, glancing at the orb beside you - that was now poking at your side. "May I use the bathroom?" You questioned.

The teacher hesitated for a moment, rubbing the back of their neck before letting out an exhale. "...Again?" They mumbled before speaking up. "Alright, fine. Use the pass over there." The teacher pointed over towards the small bathroom pass that hung on the door.

You gave a light nod, silently rising to your feet and exiting the room. You quickly walked to the girl's bathroom.

Closing the door, you huffed annoyingly at the young ghost from afar. Hanako perked up with a faint smile. "Back already? This is your third time using the bathroom." He paused, fixing his hat on his head.

"Either you ate something terrible, or you really miss me that much!" Hanako snickered in a teasing manner. You gave a sharp glare towards the teasing boy as he went silent, noticing your facial expression.

He tilted his head to the side, his smile slowly fading. "Hey, are you alright there?" Hanako questioned in a quieter tone as you placed your hands on his shoulder, gripping them tightly.

"The reason why you're making me go to the bathroom so much is because you're pissing me off!!" You spat, shaking him side to side. Luckily, he made it clear for you to interact and touch him without your hands going right through his body.

Hanako placed one of his cold hands on yours as you immediately stopped your shaking action towards him. He let a grin show through, placing both of his hands on the sides of your face, cupping them. "Sorry about that but.. do you really think you can get rid of me?" He questioned. His tone of voice made shivers roll down your back and go dead silent.

"Plus, you're the one who summoned me in the first place." Hanako added on, tapping the tip of your nose with his finger a few times before you shook your slight shock off, pushing yourself away from the boy. "Okay but.. what the heck was that?! Too close there!" You backed away, a bit disturbed as he clapped his hands together with a nervous laugh.

"Sorry, sorry! You're right. I got too carried away." Hanako waved his hands in an apology manner.

You ruffle your head before approaching and placing your hand on the door to exit, yet you paused and stood there hesitant. You looked over your shoulder at Hanako who stared right at you with those big, yellow colored eyes curiously.

Eventually he then waved his hand for a silent goodbye. You noticed that one of the orbs that he owned wasn't following you anymore, yet stayed by his side.

You silently closed the bathroom door, leaving Hanako by himself. Your eyes remained on the floor as you walked slowly, almost dragging your feet against the flooring. At least he apologized but he's not spying on me anymore.

Why aren't I happy and glad about that? I should, right? You continued to think as more and more questions piled up and overflowed your mind.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。

The after-school bells chimed as you slowly walked towards the girl's bathroom again. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? It's not that I'm nervous about anything. You blew out a shaky exhale, opening the door.

"Yaaay!! You're back!" Hanako's smile got wider as he clapped his hands together again in celebration.

You felt your face slightly warm up at his bright and playful attitude. You clenched your jaw shut before lightly shaking your head side to side. "Yeah, I volunteered to clean the bathroom." You spat out a small lie as Hanako dimmed his eyes a bit, not taking your lie, yet played along with it. "Oh, oke-doke, then!"

The silence took over the bathroom as you saw Hanako growing a bit more fidgety in the corner of your eye, the last time you saw him. It definitely looked like he wanted to say something, yet something was holding him back.

You leaned your back up against one of the walls, blinking at Hanako as soon as you were about to ask him about something, he spoke. "I.. want your thoughts on what I'm about to say." His voice went slightly cold once again as your full attention shifted on him. He gave a tiny nod, letting him speak again.

"Do you ever think.. maaaaybe, y'know, we could be together?" Hanako's grin shown again. At this point, you couldn't tell if he was teasing and trying to poke at you or not. But, it definitely caught you off guard.

"Are you serious? Or just pushing my buttons at this point?" You took a step back a bit, then reconsidered. Hanako didn't answer, just looking at you with a smile. Your eyes slightly widened, noticing he wasn't playing around with those words at all.

You softly huffed, looking at the bathroom floor. "Maybe." You mumbled without realizing as Hanko immediately perked up with a brighter smile, approaching your way and grabbing your hands. "Really? You're for real??" His voice went higher with each word as you froze.

"Um. No, you're hearing things." Your voice slightly trembled and cracked as Hanako giggled, ruffling your head. "You silly little goose! Also, weren't you supposed to be cleaning the bathroom?" Hanako questioned as you paused, quickly grabbing the mop. "Yeah! That's what I was about to go get!" You let another lie escape your throat.

Hanako couldn't help but laugh at your foolishness, but it was honestly pretty adorable. He watched you with a grin on his face, mopping the floor a bit aggressively, eventually loosening your grip on the mop's handle.

One day, just one day she'll loosen up. Hanako thought, placing a palm on one of his cheeks again. You eventually noticed his gaze staring right at you as you looked over your shoulder. "What?" You squinted as Hanako shook his head. "Nooothing, your majesty."

Out of sudden snapping, you suddenly hit Hanako in the side of his face with the stick of the mop, causing him to slightly flinch back.

"Ouch.. try not to hurt your future boyfriend thaaat much..." He teased once more.

"What?!" You quickly turned around with widened eyes.

"Hmm?? What? Who said that?" Hanako played dumb with another snicker. You huffed, continuing the mop another portion of the floor, a faint smile forming on your face.

Cute idiot..

~*~
hanako !! another silly lil goober, how can you not love him?

have a great day once more !