" just a friend " » kou minamoto

even though i'm a hardcore fan of hananene, i adore kounene just a little.

slight kounene !!

~*~
Kou walked down the hallway of the school academy, one of his hands gripped on his brown bag strap that hung on one of his shoulders.

His light blue eyes were almost glued to the brown wooden floor, looking up once awhile to avoid running into something or someone.

Kou stopped in his tracks once he heard a faint voice that was calling his name. Looking over his shoulder, he spotted one of his friends, Yokoo.

"Oh hey, Yokoo." Kou eventually spoke up, forming a soft smile. "What's up?" He turned around stuffing his free hand in his pants pocket.

Yokoo let out a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've been calling your name for awhile and you didn't respond or stop walking.." He blinked, concerningly. "Are you alright?"

Kou quickly nodded, along with a small laugh. "Yeah- yeah! I'm fine, just a lot on my mind." Kou started to nod a few more times.

The light brown haired boy slanted his eyes with a smirk, placing his hands on his waist. "Is it that girl you've been talking about recently again?" Yokoo snorted, absolutely hitting the nail on the head.

Kou immediately coughed, covering his mouth with his arm, eyeing the ground before looking back at his friend. "Um, no. It isn't.." Kou blew out a sharp exhale, along with a lie.

Yokoo hummed. "Alright." He dropped the topic, nudging Kou's side with a snicker. "I'll be with Satou by our lockers if you need me." He nodded walking off as Kou slowly nodded back, waving.

The yellow haired boy knew it was about time for the afterhours to arrive in the academy. Yokoo was definitely right about what Kou was thinking about. It was about Yashiro.

Even if Kou claimed that Yashiro was just a friend of his, he was just lying himself out of the topic to basically anyone. Yet, he found himself talking about her a lot.

Eventually, the after hour bell had chimed over the intercom, signaling Kou to make his way to the girl's bathroom to possibly clean the bathroom like he always does.

Kou slowly made his way toward the bathroom entrance, only spotting Hanako right away, but no Yashiro. Slightly disappointed, Kou grabbed the mop handle that rested on one of the walls.

Hanako tilted his head, staring directly at Kou with his bright big yellow eyes curiously. He knew that Kou wasn't really acting himself.

"Boy." Hanako spoke up, his legs halfway crossed, sitting down as his hands were placed down on the ledge in the bathroom. Kou looked up with a quick blink.

"Have you seen Yashiro anywhere?" Hanako questioned as Kou shook his head. "I was about to ask you the same thing.." He mumbled, putting one of the rubbery yellow gloves on his hand.

Hanako pouted, slouching down. "This sucks.. I was hoping she'd come here so I could give her something.." The young boy pulled his legs up to his chest, eyeing one of the white sinks in the bathroom.

Kou reframed himself from slanting his eyes at Hanako. Give her something..? Kou repeated in his head what Hanako said almost under his breath. He knew Hanako definitely did not know the definition of "personal space." Especially with Yashiro.

Fast footsteps approached the bathroom entrance, causing both of the boys to look up. There, was a rushed Yashiro, trying to catch her breath. She placed her hands on her knees, blowing out a quick exhale.