are you really okay? » hananene

slight angst, but mostly fluff :)

~*~
Yashiro entered the girls bathroom, immediately grabbing the mop to start her daily bathroom cleaning. She didn't make eye contact with Hanako who was messing around with one of the Mokke.

Hanako noticed she didn't speak up like usual, so he decided to start a conversation. "Hey, Yashiro! What's your favorite animal?" He tilted his head with a grin, patting the head of the small, pink bunny creature.

Yashiro glanced at the floor, clenching the handle to the mop a bit. She didn't answer immediately, the only animal that came to her mind was her pet hamster, Black Canyon.

"Hamsters.." She mumbled underneath her breath, letting out a forced sigh as Hanako nodded slowly, catching on to her acts that were unusual for her. "What about food? Hobby? Tv show?" Hanako approached the girl, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Favorite person..?" He added on as Yashiro closed her jaw, shooing Hanako away with a scowl. "H..hey! You're creeping me out doing that! Besides, what's up with you asking me these random questions?" Yashiro spat out in a rush.

Hanako snickered, backing away. "Mm, no reason! I just want to know you better, y'know?" He sat on one of the ledges to the bathroom sink. Yashiro slightly huffed, wiping the floors with the mop with a heaved breath.

"Can't you do this job yourself? I'm tired here!" Yashiro looked over her shoulder, squinting at the wonder as Hanako shook his head side to side. "Nope! You did agree to this job, didn't you?" Hanako stated.

"And as my adoooring assistant here, this is your responsibility!" Hanako tapped Yashiro's nose quickly before she could swat him away, flustered. She didn't respond, only dropping the topic before glancing down at the floor again.

I can't keep this up forever. I eventually need to come clean. Yashiro thought to her, squinting her eyes a bit. Hanako wouldn't keep a secret for three seconds. Maybe Kou? Aoi..? She shook her head to herself until she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

Yashiro jolted out of her thoughts, looking at Hanako who had a slight concerned expression on his face. "You alright there? You've been mopping that spot for a long time." He blinked, placing his hands behind his back in a formal manner, leaning towards Yashiro.

"Oh, um, y...yeah!" She slightly stammered, along with a little white lie. Hanako's smile dropped a little, standing up straight. Yashiro placed the mop down. "I'm just tired.. things are on my mind, no worries." Yashiro forced a smile to land on her face as Hanako didn't speak afterward, surprisingly.

Pulling her body up on the small ledge to the bathroom, Yashiro took a break, letting out another sigh. Most of the time, she was seen wearing long sleeves shirts or sweaters like she was hiding something - which was true.

Hanako hummed to himself, tapping his hands on his lap. He definitely noticed the sudden change of style wear Yashiro was wearing, but never questioned much about it. Hanako cleared his throat, glancing at her long sleeve shirt. "Yashiro, here's a question." He started.

Yashiro's eyes dragged off the floor and on Hanako. She placed her hand on one of her arms, rubbing it a bit. "Why are you always in long sleeved shirts now? It's getting hotter outside too." Hanako questioned, blinking slowly.

She paused at that sudden question. Yashiro immediately removed her hand from her arm, shaking her head gently with a soft, nervous laugh. "Oh, it's nothing, honestly. I just like wearing this kind of stuff." She rushed out another lie that escaped her teeth.