confession » akane aoi

weird how there's two aoi's in the anime with flipped names

~*~
"I have no idea how you could keep going with your day with a person constantly on your back, asking you to go out with them." The purple haired girl leaned her stomach against the desk, sharpening her pencils in the process.

She thought about it for a moment, then added on. "Well actually, yeah I can see how you can do that." She softly laughed underneath her breath as you looked up at Aoi with a sigh.

"Sometimes I can deal with him but other times it's way too much." You placed your head down on your hands with a tired grumble as Aoi patted your back. "Yeah but someone gave me this letter here." She spoke up, catching your attention.

Aoi handed you the small note, immediately noticing it was from Akane due to his handwriting. Mostly, his writing was overlapped with doodles of hearts all over the paper. "I wonder who this could be." You jokingly said in a sarcastic manner, skimming through the words.

"By the way.." You looked up from the note and at Aoi. "Doesn't Akane have a huge crush on you anyway?" You questioned as Aoi paused, letting out an exhale while slumping in her chair. "He maaaaybe just moved on..?" She answered like she was lying - and it was definitely obvious she was.

You slightly squint at her as there was a moment of silence before you took a breath. "You threatened him in a nice way with your words, didn't you?" You suspected as Aoi hesitantly nodded. "Yeah I did." She mumbled, feeling a bit guilty.

Aoi cleared her throat, looking around the room to try to change the subject. "Isn't it weird how the confession tree shrunk?" She asked as you gave a shrug to your shoulders, setting the love letter down. "I really never believed in it anyway." You responded as Aoi slanted her eyes, slightly offended. She didn't say anything, but her expression said a lot.

Eventually, the door to the room you both were in was wide open, slamming against the wall harshly as you both jumped at the sudden noise. Of course, it appeared to be Akane. "Oh my God." You mumbled underneath your breath, sinking in embarrassment.

"Alas! My dear Y/N, I have come to save you from-" Akane glanced over at the purple haired girl next to you as he hiccupped his last word that was about to leave his mouth. "Frooom.." He stalled, his red tinted eyes darting across the room until another person entered the situation in the room.

"Uh- Lemon!" He spat out in a rush as the bright yellow haired boy looked up from his phone, directly at Akane confusingly. "Wait what.." He blinked slowly.

Akane quickly approached the guy, slamming his back up against the wall as he acted like he was beating him up. Yamabuki moved Akane's hand out of his face, looking at him concerningly as his phone rested on the ground, close to Akane's foot.

"Dude what are you doing?? My phone.." He tried to get out of the other guy's grasp. "Just play along with it." Akane whispered before moving his foot and accidentally shattering Yamabuki's phone.

You and Aoi watched this ridiculousness from afar as you eyed the door to the way out of the room. "Let's just.. go." You finally spoke up to Aoi as she quickly nodded, following you out the door.

Yamabuki slumped down, his body meeting the floor as he gazed upon his shattered phone in despair. He looked up at Akane with a grumble. "Not cool, bro.." He huffed those words underneath his breath.

Akane looked over his shoulder with a proud smile as he closed his eyes, placing his hands on his waist. "See that? That's how you protect a beauty from a threat like him!" Akane opened one eye, expecting praise, only to find you and Aoi not there.

Meanwhile, you and Aoi rested outside of the academy as you sat on a bench, chatting beside the purple haired girl. Aoi placed her hands in her lap, building up some random question. "Hey be honest here, do you actually have feelings for Akane?" She tilted her head as you paused, staring at her for awhile.

Eventually, you shrugged again. "I don't know.." You tried to move your way around the topic, yet Aoi didn't let you. She got closer in your face, growing more curious. "C'mon! With an answer like that, that makes me more suspicious!"

You shook your head, bringing up your knees up to your chest, wrapping your arms around your legs. "Mm.. look, can you keep a secret?" You lowered your voice as Aoi's smile widened. "You like him?? Really?!" Her eyes lit up as you quickly covered her mouth. "I never said that!" You stated.

"Y/N! There you are!" That same voice caught your attention as you already knew it was Akane. He placed his hand against the wall, catching his breath before speaking up. Aoi tapped your shoulder with a smile. "This is your chance!" She whispered. You shook your head in denial. "No- what..?" You quickly whispered back.

Akane approached you more with a frown. "Why did you leave me like that..? Did I do something wrong?" He questioned, his tone of voice sounded like he was actually hurt mentally. Your empathy struck you like lightning.

"I'm sorry.. I kinda just.. got weirded out." You slightly dipped your head down apologetically. Akane took your apology as his smile slowly returned along with a tint of pink on his face. "Also, um, I have something to confess."

Aoi gently shook your body excitedly as you nervously waited for him to speak again. "It's probably obvious but.. I love you." He confessed in a rushing manner, dipping his head down, almost like a bow.

'Probably obvious,' huh? You thought, eventually deciding to respond. "Well, um, Akane- err.." You let out an exhale, trying not to reject him in a mean way. Aoi tilted her head as Akane looked up nervously.

"What's wrong? You don't like him..?" Aoi whispered in your ear, sounding disappointed as you looked down, clenching part of your pants. "Hold on, I have to go to the bathroom." You clenched your eyes, not even looking at both Akane nor Aoi, leaving quickly.

Akane rubbed his orange-red hair with his hand back and forth, almost pacing back and forth too. "Hope she won't take long.." He mumbled to himself as Aoi nodded, clearing her throat and rising to her feet. "She's probably a bit stressed out right now. I'll go talk to her." Aoi smiled faintly.

The boy nodded slowly, watching Aoi walk away. He glanced up at the sky, then at the not so big 'confession tree' that sat on a table. Akane closed his eyes.

Maybe she doesn't like me after all..

~*~
for some reason, it doesn't feel right putting "akane" and then "aoi" in the same sentence.

have a great day ! :)