ticking love » akane aoi

sequel to the chapter, 'confession' !!

warning; spoilers! read at your own risk!

~*~
Your eyes wouldn't move off of the ground as you entered the girl's bathroom and quickly entered one of the stalls.

After closing and locking the door, you placed your back against the wall of the stall, letting out a stressed exhale while rubbing the side of your face.

I can't say 'no' to Akane like that. Not in his face. You shut your eyes as the bottom of your lip slightly trembles while trying to keep your emotions pulled together.

A pair of footsteps approaching the bathroom area catch your attention as you shut your mouth completely, staying completely still.

“Y/N? Y/N-chan, you in here?” That voice sounded like Aoi's. You looked through the small crack in the stall's door as you were right. It was Aoi. She seemed a bit worried at the time as you stood there, calling out your name in a lower, softer voice a few times.

Eventually, Aoi sighed with failure to find you, approaching the way to the exit. Yet, you decided to open the bathroom stall, peeking your head out. “Aoi.” You spoke up as she looked over her shoulder. Her purple eyes lit up instantly as she saw your face. “Y/N! Were.. you in there the whole time?” She questioned.

You gave a light nod to your head, eventually coming out of the stall wholely. You looked down before taking in an inhale. “I'm sorry I left you guys like that. I just.. really can't decline Akane's confession like that in his face.” You paused.

“It just makes me feel guilty.” You mumbled as Aoi let out a low hum with a small frown. “Oh.. but, please don't worry, Y/N-chan, he'll forget, trust me.” She placed a hand on your shoulders, giving them a few small, gentle pats of encouragement.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。

You and Aoi sat in the empty classroom as you glanced outside the window with your palm digged into the side of your face. Aoi was back to organizing her things before she eventually got your attention.

“Hey, Y/N. Have you heard about the Three Clock Keepers?” She suddenly questioned as you perked up, blinking at her with a shake to your head. “Um, no. Who are they?”

Aoi's eyes glistened in excitement as her smile grew bigger. She motioned you closer towards her so she could whisper, yet no one was in the room at that time.

“It's school mystery number one. Somewhere in this school, there's a big old clock. If you move the hands of that clock, you can control the time anyway you want.” Aoi paused as you seemed a bit curious. “That doesn't sound that bad.” You commented as Aoi held up her index finger. “Buuuut..” She continued.