Chapter 4

Nia pov

I was paralyzed. My body was aching in the right way of course. After last  night's events I only wanted Dimitri more. I wanted to know what more he could do to me. The thought of it sent chills up my spine.

I was woken by the sun spilling into the room cracking my eyes open. Dimitri was still heavily asleep beside me. Yesterday he had pleased me so much I only wanted to do the same for him.
My hand hovered over his croach . But before I could do anything I heard knocking from downstairs. Slowly getting up I put on my robe and headed downstairs.

Opening the door I found a man in a olive green suit against his tan skin. His features were very similar to Dimitri but he had honey blonde hair with brown eyes.

"hello can I help -"

" what are you doing here?" the man said with such vehemence in his tone

" I live here"

He painfully grasped my arm . "You're healed . You're supposed to be gone, so what are you doing in my brother's house?"

" you're hurting me" I said trying to pull away from him.

It was not long before my so called brother in law was grasped by the front of his suit by Dimitri and whisked away to his office.

What the hell just happened?

30 minutes later they both got out and  Dimitri smiled my way .

"sorry for my brother's behavior my love .  He's just having a bad day and I'd appreciate if he apologized to my wife" Dimitri spoke putting emphasis on the word wife .

His brother stepped forward and hugged me.

Whispering in my ear " if I was you I'd run before it's too late". Chills ran down my spine but he stepped away with a smile and politely excused himself and left.

***

A few hours later

I had went upstairs to lay down for a bit. My headache was back and Dimitri said there were pills for it in one of the drawers upstairs by the vanity. 

Searching through the drawers I mainly found paperwork. But when I opened one drawer I found up to 10 medical bottles of an orange color. They looked to be  prescribed .  Mainly half full. Like they were regularly used. I picked up one to read the label but was shook by a booming voice.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT?"

I immediately dropped the bottle back into the drawer. And looked up to see  Dimitri breathing heavily with his fists clenched by the doorway .

My vocal cords refused to work. He quickly came up to me grabbing my face tightly. His fingers indenting the skin of my cheeks .

" I'll only tell you this once. Don't ever snoop around and put your nose where it's not supposed to be or there will be consequences. Understood?"

I did not do or say anything and quiet frankly it made him even more angry.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!"

"yes" I said meekly turning my gaze away from him

He pushed me out of the way  heading to the drawer and I winced. Such movements made my injuries even more painful.

He shut the drawer and opened the one underneath it and threw the painkillers in my face.

Then stormed out slamming the door behind himself.

What had I gotten myself into?

***

Later in the evening he entered the bedroom. I pretended to be asleep as today's events played like a movie in my mind. I was starting to doubt the credibility of our marriage .

He slid under the covers and kissed my the side of my head

" I'm sorry I didn't mean to scream at you today." He whispered and pulled me closer to him and I resisted to urge to flinch so he wouldn't know I was wake .

I was unsure of what he was capable of .

" I'll control myself better I promise"
And with that he slept but I kept on wondering...

What kind of monster have I been sleeping with
_________________________________________

A short one but it's going to get wild tiggers.
What do we think about Aleksandr?

Much love
~N

Psycho जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें