chapter 23

Meet my baby

Nia pov

"I'm so sorry Nia but I need you to come and pick up Meadow

"I'm so sorry Nia but I need you to come and pick up Meadow . My mother is sick and I can't take her with " isa spoke with a hurried tone as I was sorting out the papers on my desk trying to gather my things to go out .

" it's OK isa let me tell my boss and then I'll be on my way " . Removing the phone where it was jammed between mear and shoulder . I head towards Mr Romano's office to inform him .

With a quick knock I entered
" sir can I pop out for a moment. My babysitter has an emergency so I need to pick my daughter up "

Without a glance up he grunted his approval most of his attention on the computer in front of him

Quickly popping out I went to go get my baby

***

Coming back into the office I placed Meadow's carrier and baby bag  on the floor by my desk while she was on my hip

Coming back into the office I placed Meadow's carrier and baby bag  on the floor by my desk while she was on my hip .

Kneeling down I took out 2 blankets from the bag and placed them on the floor . Making it comfortable. Placing her on the blankets I took one layer of the blankets and laid  it over her . Then gave her her bottle . It wasn't long until she fell asleep . With a huff I returned to my chair and continued answering calls and looking over paper work. 

Enzo Romano  pov

My vision was starting to get hazy from staring at my computer for so long . Slouching back in my chair I tipped my head up to the ceiling and ribbed my hands over my face .

My job wasn't easy considering it was illegal.  Being the Don of the Italian mafia as well as the Turkish mafia wasn't for the week. I've killed and slayed many men to stay where I am .

When I was 18 I inherited the Italian mafia from my father after a  battle with cancer . My parents had been separated by then and I was living with my mother.  I didn't know anything about it but I was thrust into this lifestyle of cruelty and no remorse.