Chapter 6

Nia pov

I was on a mission. I promised myself that I would make this work . I knew there was something that was plaguing Dimitri . I saw it in the haunted look in his eyes yesterday when he screamed he wasn't sick .

Maybe I just needed to do something nice for him . He seemed quiet upset when I told him Aleksandr tended to my wounds yesterday and he still seemed upset when he woke up this morning . It's been three hours since he's been in his office. So I would take this as an opportunity for a surprise . I mean this is what supposed wives do right ?

But I didn't have any resources for what I wanted to do . I slumped my shoulders trying to think of something when one of the guards came in to swap shifts with another . It was then that I knew my plan would work .

Dimitri pov

I stood up from my leather stool and stretched. The sun was setting behind me . I haven't seen Nia all day . My anger has simmered and I made sure to take my medication today . I was slipping out of control too fast and too much . I had to take my medicine for her and not put that much responsibility on her shoulders . It wasn't right .

Stepping out the door of my office , I noticed candles leading from my door to the glass sliding door leading out back into the forest before the mountains .

Walking along the path the candles led me to a few trees that were arched and their leaves forming a grove / cave like structure. Lifting the leaves up a gasp left my mouth as I saw fairy lights strung along the leaves and trunks of the trees .

A vinyl player sat in front of one of the trunks emitting soft music and a wooden basket sat next to it with wine glasses sitting on top of its lid. Pillows littered the ground and snuggled deep within the pillows she laid there asleep . A slight whistle emitted from her nose as she slept.

There was a slight pinch in my heart knowing that she had done this for me , despite the mistakes I had made as of recently .

Situating myself next to her . I stroked her mocha skin and found myself twisting my fingers in her tight coils . In that moment her hazel eyes fluttered open gazing into mine . Nothing was said for a while it's as if she had forgotten her surprise until she jumped up

" is it nighttime ? Oh I must have fallen asleep . Im so sorry . I thought you'd be out of your office during lunchtime "

Her mind and mouth was going a mile a minute . Grasping her hand in mine . I brought her face to mine and kissed her lips to silence her . Pulling away shortly after i smiled at her and not a smirk a genuine smile.

" it's ok . Thank you for doing this for me "

She smiled and stood up to brought the wooden basket closer . Settling it down next to me she was about to sit further away from me when I pulled her to my lap.

She shyly looked away forgetting that we've been in more compromising positions

Shortly after we ate and laughed . She had brought board games . Although she had to learn them from scratch since her memory had not returned yet . It was pleasant learning a few games and teaching her a few .

Tuckered out after a few hours we lay against the pillows . Wrapping my arms around her . She lay against my Chest with her leg over mine . My eyes were beginning to close when she had asked

" Dimitri what did you mean when you said you weren't sick ?"
I could've pretended to be asleep and not answer her at all, but she didn't deserve that . Sighing i gathered up my strength to tell her

" I Have a personality disorder Nia. I've been fighting the voice in my head since I was a boy and that's what the pills you saw were for . I didn't want to tell you because maybe it would be too much for you . Maybe you would realise that you didn't want to be here anymore . I had stopped taking my pills in hopes that maybe the happiness I was feeling was going to send him back into the hole he belonged but it didn't . I hurt you in the process "

I felt her stroking my face and when I looked down at her she smiled .
" everyone has something haunting them Dimitri but I married you for a reason . And although I don't remember why .I'm sure my reasoning was good enough . I'll stick by your side no matter what "

Although guilt gnawed at me at the first lie I told her . I smiled at her and wrapped my arms tighter around her . I couldn't let her go. I couldn't imagine myself without her . I loved her . And that is what will keep me going . That was my last of before slumber took over me with her in my arms

***

Nia pov

The morning sun shone through the leaves . Remembering last nights events . I smiled at the thought that he could find comfort in me . To tell me about his condition. Although I didn't know how serious it could possibly get . I was willing to stand by his side .

I tried snuggling closer to him but instead of warm skin I came into contact with soft pillows instead . Rubbing at my eyes i looked around the grove and he was no where . I decided to return to the house .

Closing the sliding door my nose was bombarded with the smell of sweet vanilla . Going into the kitchen I found Dimitri by the stove flipping pancakes while a stack of them lay on the table coated in syrup and berries .

Wrapping my arms around his waist I greeted him "good Morning to you too I was going to wake you up with pancakes " he said and I could hear the smile in his voice .

"No need my stomach already sensed something delicious and alerted me "
He chuckled and we sat down enjoying breakfast while he told me some of his childhood stories . Today would be a great day .

After breakfast Dimitri told me he would be in his office doing work to much of my dismay .

I sat at lung the house bored . Occasionally speaking with the guards until I got bored of that too . Sitting in the kitchen I just gazed upon the window

Suddenly there was a knock at the door . We never visitors the last time we did it was an unpleasant encounter with Aleksandr . And speaking of the devil upon opening the door Aleksandr came inside.

" where is my brother?"
" in his office " I replied
" good we're alone "
Confused by his statement I was about to ask him what he meant when he spoke again
" have you decided to leave him ? I can help you run away "
I furrowed my eyebrows
" I won't leave him . I know he has issues but we can work through them . "
" you don't know how bad it's going to get"

He turned and looked around the kitchen and tore of a paper towel and grabbed a pen from his pocket and scribbles down a number .

" when you need help call me ok "

he was about to hand me the paper when suddenly he grabbed my behind and planted his lips on mine. I felt him slip the paper in the back pocket of my pants . I planted my hands trying to push him away he just tightened his grip on my butt and deepened the kiss . Shortly after he let go of me and went out the house . Distraught and confused I turned around when I came to see Dimitri standing in the kitchen doorway with his fist clenched and a storm in his eyes

_________________________________________

Oh my days tiggers . I can't wait to give you guys chapter 7 . It's about to go down . And you might hate me after this but hey who doesn't love a little drama ( sips tea )

Anyways tell me what you think and I'd love to hear your guesses on what will happen next

Much love
~N