0.9

"Who the hell are you looking at-woah", Matthew gasped following Ricky's line sight "Who the hell is that fine man?", this seemed to break Ricky out of his dream world turning to Matthew with a grimace perfectly placed onto his face "No immediately you can't date him Matthew ". "Who said anything about dating?", Matthew pouted a mischievous glimmer twinkling in his brown eyes which Ricky caught immediately a small groan escaping his lips before linking his arms with Matthew and waving to Gyuvin and Taerae leaving them to their own little confrontation.

"You can not gawk at him like that ", Ricky whispered pinching Matthew sending a wave towards Gunwook who reciprocated the action. "Yah! why can't I look at him now?", Matthew hissed weakly glaring at Ricky . "Remember when you just looked at Hao's friend?",Ricky narrowed his eyes at Matthew. "Truly speaking that wasn't my fault ". "Anyway just stick to your department Mr Seok ", Ricky warned pushing Matthew into an elevator who in return flashed Ricky his two middle fingers . Ricky rolled his eyes at Matthew's playful gesture, muttering "prat" under his breath as the elevator doors closed.

As the elevator doors closed with an enthusiastic ding, Ricky's buoyant expression faded, his mind reverting back to Gunwook's enigmatic message. The lively ambiance of the office dissolved into a background hum as thoughts of Jaehyun's suspicious activities and the elusive 'Mr. Park' took center stage in his mind.

The elevator's rhythmic ascent mirrored Ricky's contemplation, the echo of Matthew's cryptic message adding to his internal unease. He glanced at his phone, hoping for clarity or guidance, but found none in the simple notification from Matthew.

Gyuvin noticed Ricky's sudden shift in demeanor, the lines of worry etching themselves on his friend's face. Sensing Ricky's preoccupation, he placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Everything alright?" Gyuvin asked softly, trying to gauge Ricky's state of mind.(when had he joined him?)

Ricky sighed, torn between the need for secrecy and the urge to confide in his ....friend ? about the unfolding complexities. "Just... something on my mind. It's complicated."

Gyuvin nodded, respecting Ricky's need for privacy in the midst of their undercover mission. The elevator's ascent seemed to drag on, each passing moment heavy with unspoken tension and the weight of their clandestine investigation.

When the elevator finally reached their floor, Ricky's mind was still muddled with thoughts. Stepping out, he plastered on a smile, attempting to mask his inner turmoil. As he walked back to his desk, the vibrant office atmosphere couldn't dispel the cloud of uncertainty hanging over his head.

He settled back into his seat, trying to refocus on his tasks, but the enigmatic message from Gunwook continued to echo in his mind, a constant reminder of the mysteries yet to be unraveled and the potential risks lurking in their mission for the truth.

As Ricky tried to immerse himself in work, his phone buzzed with a notification. Glancing down, he saw a new message from Matthew that read,

Canadian dude <3

I'm in whatever you've dragged yourself into, Ricky.
read

A wave of concern washed over Ricky. Matthew's playful yet somewhat ominous messages now seemed to carry a weight of genuine worry. Despite his friend's jesting tone, there was an underlying seriousness that couldn't be dismissed.

Gyuvin, noticing Ricky's troubled expression, leaned in slightly, his voice laced with concern. "Everything alright? You seem a bit off."

Ricky hesitated, contemplating how much to divulge about the cryptic messages without putting Matthew in danger. "Just... Matthew being cryptic. I think he's onto something, but I can't involve him any further."