We're A Team, We Stick Together|| Polyninja

Kai sat on his bed away from the others. It was again another Father's Day and he didn't have a father but everyone else did, except for Nya of course.

Kai stared out of his bedroom window, the soft glow of the evening sun casting a warm hue on the world outside. The laughter and chatter of family celebrations echoed through the air, a constant reminder of the bond he yearned for but never had.

He absentmindedly traced the patterns on his bedspread with his fingers, lost in his thoughts. Father's Day had become a bittersweet occasion for him, a day when the absence of a father figure felt more pronounced than ever. The memories of past celebrations with a sense of emptiness lingered in his mind.

"Hey, Kai. Do you want to come join us for dinner," Nya asked poking her head into her brother's room.

Kai looked up, forcing a small smile for his sister. "Nah, I'm good, Nya. You guys go ahead. I just need some time alone."

Nya stepped into the room, concern etched on her face. "You've been spending a lot of time by yourself lately. Are you sure everything's okay?"

Kai nodded, still avoiding eye contact. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just not in the mood for all the festivities, you know?"

Nya sighed, understanding the complexity of emotions that Father's Day brought for both of them. "I get it, Kai. But you're not alone. We have each other, and we're here for you."

Kai appreciated Nya's comforting words, but the ache in his heart persisted. "I know, Nya. It's just... It's hard seeing everyone celebrate with their dads. Makes me miss something I never really had." Nya sighed deciding to give him some space after all it was much easier to talk to him when both of them weren't in an emotional state.

Just as Kai thought that he was going to get to be alone he was knocked off of his bed as Jay wrapped him in a hug.

"What the hell Jay," Kai shouted, stunned by the other's actions.

"Ahh, watch your language, Kai, a child is living here," Cole teased referring to Lloyd who was no longer a child. Cole walked into the room and sat next to the other two, joining the hug. Zane silently walked over and sat with the others.

Zane spoke in his usual calm tone, "Kai, we understand that Father's Day can be challenging for you. However, we want you to know that you're not alone. We're your family, and we're here to support you."

Jay chimed in, still hugging Kai tightly, "Yeah, dude! You may not have a traditional family, but we've got us. And that's pretty awesome, right?"

Cole added with a grin, "We are a team, we aren't just going to let you suffer." Kai, despite trying not to, started crying as the others tightened the hug and took turns peppering his face with kisses.

"Alright I get it, I have very loving boyfriends, and they aren't going to let me be alone on Father's Day," Kai said with a mixture of laughter and tears, feeling a warmth in his heart that he hadn't expected.

The group eventually released their embrace, and Kai wiped away his tears, grateful for the unexpected support from his boyfriends. He looked at each of them, a genuine smile now on his face.

"Thanks, guys," Kai said, his voice filled with appreciation. "I may not have a traditional family, but I've got the best team anyone could ask for."

Jay ruffled Kai's hair, grinning. "That's the spirit! Now, let's go join the others for dinner. We've got some celebrating to do, even if it's not the traditional way."

As they walked out of Kai's room, the camaraderie among the group was palpable. The bond they shared, forged through countless adventures and challenges, had become their own version of family. And on this Father's Day, Kai realized that family wasn't just about blood; it was about the people who stood by you, supported you, and loved you unconditionally.

As they joined the festivities, Kai felt a sense of belonging that eased the ache in his heart. The laughter, love, and support from his boyfriends turned what was once a bittersweet day into a celebration of the unique family they had created together.