Regrets||Kailor

Request from kunikidasjucicymanboobs (ao3)

Skylor lay on her bed as she watched her phone ringing. She had tried calling Kai a couple of times already but he never answered. She knew that they weren't on a mission because Nya had answered her right away. As the call went to voicemail yet again Skylor tossed it aside and rolled onto her side.

The room was dimly lit, with soft hues of orange and red casting a warm glow on the walls. Skylor's thoughts swirled in her mind as she pondered why Kai hadn't been picking up her calls. Their connection had always been strange, she trusted him with her life but felt so alone whenever she had to learn about what he was doing through the news or the others. As she lay there, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss.

Skylor decided to get up and pace around the room, her footsteps echoing softly. The familiar surroundings of her apartment provided little comfort as worry gnawed at her. She picked up her phone again, hesitated for a moment, and then decided to send a text instead.

"Hey Kai, is everything okay? I've been trying to reach you. Let me know when you get this. - Skylor"

Skylor anxiously waited for a response, her eyes fixed on the screen. Minutes felt like hours as she continued to pace around the room, her thoughts racing with various scenarios about what could be keeping Kai from answering.

After what seemed like an eternity, a soft notification sound broke the silence. Skylor's heart skipped a beat as she quickly grabbed her phone to read Kai's response. However, she was met with a notification from Chirp informing her that Kai had just posted.

Skylor's brows furrowed in confusion and frustration. She opened the Chirp app to see Kai's latest post, hoping for some explanation. As the app loaded, she saw a picture of Kai at the Monastery of Spinjitzu, surrounded by their fellow ninja. The caption read, "Training hard with the team! 💪 #NinjaLife #Focused."

A mix of relief and irritation washed over Skylor. She was relieved to see that Kai was safe and with the team, but frustration lingered at his lack of response to her calls. Why hadn't he picked up when she called? The uncertainty gnawed at her.

Finally having enough she went to her contacts and pressed on the one for Lloyd. The phone rang a couple of times before there was a click and Lloyd's voice came through.

"What's up Skylor, do you need help with something," Lloyd asked, coneren lacing his voice.

"No, no, it's not like that I just have a message for Kai. You can tell him that since he doesn't want to talk to me then we're over."

Lloyd's voice softened, recognizing the tension in Skylor's tone. "Skylor, wait. Are you sure about this? Maybe there's a misunderstanding. Let me talk to Kai, and find out what's going on."

Skylor sighed, her frustration evident. "Lloyd, I appreciate it, but I've tried calling him multiple times, and he hasn't answered. Instead, he's posting pictures of himself training with the team. If he can't spare a moment to talk to me, then maybe it's best if we end things."

There was a brief pause on the other end, and Skylor could almost picture Lloyd contemplating the situation. "I'll talk to him, Skylor. Just give me some time to figure out what's happening. Relationships can be complicated, and maybe there's a reason behind his behavior."

Skylor hesitated for a moment, torn between frustration and a lingering hope for an explanation. "Fine, Lloyd. But make it clear that I won't tolerate being ignored. If he has a reason, he needs to communicate. I deserve that much."

Lloyd assured her, "I'll do my best, Skylor. Hang in there. I'll get back to you soon." With that, the call ended, leaving Skylor with a mix of emotions and the uncertainty of what the future held for her and Kai.