My Little Peice of Heaven||Skales x Selma

Request from Skales (AO3)

Skales could physically feel his patience draining as he listened to another serpentine complain about a problem they could solve on their own. Who would have thought that being leader of all serpentine would cause so many headaches? He was trying not to lose his patience but that was a lot harder than it may have seemed.

Skales took a deep breath, his scales shimmering with a mix of irritation and restraint. The serpent before him continued to drone on about a trivial matter, oblivious to the subtle cues that Skales was growing increasingly frustrated. As the leader of the serpentine, Skales had envisioned a reign marked by unity and efficiency, but the reality seemed to be a constant stream of petty issues.

He glanced around at the other serpentine in the room, each one engrossed in their own tasks or engaged in idle chatter. It was clear that some of them were more than capable of handling their problems independently, yet they insisted on bringing every minor concern to him. Skales understood the importance of being approachable as a leader, but he longed for a day when the serpentine would embrace self-sufficiency.

Skales suppressed a sigh, his red eyes narrowing slightly as he formulated a response to the ongoing litany of complaints. His mind raced, contemplating ways to encourage independence and problem-solving among the serpentine. Perhaps a change in leadership style was necessary, one that promoted autonomy and resourcefulness.

By the end of the day, Skales was ready to just quit and run away. However, there was a shining light of hope in his mind- a beautiful serpentine woman. Skales watched as Selma read to Skales Jr., a small smile replacing his look of frustration.

Skales had to thank the gods that he got so lucky. Selma always knew how to calm him down and always made time for him. Slithering over to his family, Skales curled up against his wife, releasing a sigh of contentment.

Skales found solace in the presence of Selma and Skales Jr. Their love and the tranquility of family life provided a welcome contrast to the challenges of leading the serpentine. As he nestled against Selma, the warmth of their connection served as a balm for his frayed nerves.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Selma," Skales admitted, his voice carrying a mix of exhaustion and gratitude. Selma looked at him with understanding, her bright pink scales shimmering in the soft light. She had been by his side through thick and thin, offering support and companionship.

"You're doing your best, my love," Selma reassured him, gently wrapping her arm around Skales. "Leading the serpentine is no easy task, but we'll get through this together."
Skales hummed in acknowledgment, the allure of sleep calling to him as Slema held him close. The lanterns cast a gentle glow over the serpentine city. Skales, nestled in the comfort of his home, felt the weight of the day slowly lift as he rested against Selma. The rhythmic sound of Skales Jr.'s laughter as he played nearby added a soothing backdrop to the tranquility of the moment.

In the embrace of his family, Skales let go of the challenges that plagued his day. The endless complaints and burdens of leadership seemed to fade away in the presence of those he held dear. Selma's calming energy enveloped him, and he found solace in the simple joy of being with his loved ones.

As sleep began to claim him, Skales reflected on the importance of family amidst the chaos of leadership. Selma had become his anchor, a source of strength and understanding that he cherished beyond words. The love they shared was a sanctuary, a refuge from the demands of leadership that threatened to consume him.

Skales closed his eyes, the weight of the day lifting further with each passing moment. In the warmth of Selma's embrace, he found a sense of peace that transcended the challenges of ruling the serpentine. As he drifted into slumber, the serenity of the family scene stood as a testament to the power of love and connection in the face of adversity.

Tomorrow would bring new challenges, but for now, Skales allowed himself the luxury of rest, knowing that he was not alone in his journey. The love of Selma and the serpentine child beside him were the anchors that kept him grounded in the midst of leadership turmoil. And so, in the quiet of the night, the serpentine leader surrendered to the embrace of sleep, grateful for the love that awaited him in the waking world.