1 - No regrets

- More margaritas for everyone!!!

- No, not for me, mate. Someone has to stay sober. We have a concert tomorrow you crazy people! - even when he's laughing, Chan remains responsible.

- This is so good! I don't think there's much alcohol in it at all! - says an "expert" Hyunjin who never had a margarita in his life. He makes a happy dance with his shoulders and sits on Chan's lap because... no reason, he just likes it there.

Chan loves all his kids but somehow Hyunjin gets away with stuff more than any other kid. He has a privileged treatment with him, and nobody holds that against him. He's just loved by everyone.

Chan wraps his long arms around Hyunjin to make sure he doesn't slip and fall. He likes having him in his arms. It's a good feeling. It makes him feel special too. Why?
He can't explain, it doesn't matter. It simply feels good. And it would make him sad if Hyunjin moves to sit on someone else. He wants to be the only one who gets to hold him like that.

The evening takes its usual course... Jisung sings his heart out and entertains everyone, Seungmin throws little sarcastic bombs, and Changbin is unsuccessfully trying to keep things under control. It's all good. Chan is happy.

Eventually, it's time for a bathroom break and Hyunjin gets up, leaving Chan's lap cold and lonely. He follows directions to bathroom and finds a long narrow hallway. Ok, well, bathroom has to be somewhere.
He walks through an ugly hallway and finds a door with a familiar sign.

- Finally. - he goes in.

A minute later, as he's washing hands, he hears door opening. He suddenly feels uncomfortable chills on his back. A strange sound makes him bend down instinctively, to protect his head from a flying object he noticed in a peripheral vision. Luckily nothing hits him. He feels though that somebody is right behind him and too close. Shit, he shouldn't have gone here alone and slightly drunk.
He clenches fists, and feels his heart beating like crazy, this is bad, this is very, very bad.
Within a second, somebody slams him to the wall, and presses body to his back. It happened so fast he couldn't do anything. His arms are held tight behind his back, there is no moment to process what's happening, when all of a sudden he feels - a hard thump next to him. Some guys' head hits the door next to Hyunjin.

- Get out! - Chan yells, as he's trying to hold the attacker down. Hyunjin flies away leaving Chan alone. He runs to the main room and screams for help. Changbin and Minho immediately run to help, push whatever objects they find in a way, only to find Chan with injury on his head and nobody else. The attacker escaped, but not before smashing something into Chan.

Hyunjin feels horrible. Scared and shaken, but also guilty and angry because Chan is hurt. Most of all he feels helpless and small, like his life or Chan's life didn't matter at all. In a split second, so much could have been lost. Everything could have been lost.

- I'm ok. - says Chan but his eyes are fixated only on Hyunjin. - Are you ok?

He just nods, unable to speak. Not much further from Chan lays a shiny, sharp object on a floor. Hyunjin just stares at it, unable to move.

There is a gap in Hyunjin's memory from that point on. He doesn't remember getting in a van, he doesn't remember a van driving through the town. He just finds himself sitting next to Chan, and holding on to his jacket. They're now in front of their dorm, getting out. Chan has a bandage on his forehead (where and when did he get that?), somebody in a background mentions doctor but he doesn't remember any doctor.

The next thing he sees is his room, and bed. But everything in the room looks different now. This morning could have been the last time he saw his bed. The painting he's been working on could have stayed unfinished. Everything now has a different meaning.

- I'll stay with you. - says Chan in a tone that leaves no space for negotiation.

Hyunjin nods in little, and slowly returns back to his body. Now that Chan is here with him, colors start coming back to his room.

Chan puts Hyunjin's bag and shoes in its usual place. They both sit on a bed and he turns on TV to hopefully distract their busy thoughts. Hyunjin makes himself small and leans into his chest. 

- Thank you. - is a first thing he says after the event.

- I always watch for you, Jin. I'll always be there.

Hyunjin, still in shock, and now with a completely different perecption of Chan, the one person he'll never take for granted any more, leans in and gives him a kiss. On lips.
Yes, a proper and confident kiss.
Because why not?
Who knows what will happen tomorrow?

He's been wanting to kiss him even before, but he never dared to try.
But now, why holding back?
Imagine if something happens to Chan and he never gets to kiss him.
Imagine if life passes by and he never does one thing he wanted to do.

So, he doesn't question his decision to kiss him, not even once.
He just regrets waiting this long.

*****