4 - Kiss

- Hyunjin, I wish I had a girlfriend like you

- Hyunjin, I wish I had a girlfriend like you. - Jeogin sighs.

- Oh baby-bread but you can, if you want to.

- What would Chan say?

- What do you mean? Chan didn't say anything to stop me from having a girlfriend.

- No, he didn't. - Jeogin pauses. - But that's different, you're his favorite.
He was still sad about it though. I can tell these things.

- Come on, I'm not his favorite.

- Hyunjin, it's fine, I don't mind. You're everybody's favorite. I just wish I had a nice girl to kiss.

Felix, who's been silent until then, feels a need to add a few words:

- Yeah, kissing is very important. You can tell if you really like a girl, or a boy, the first time you kiss.

- But kissing is not that important. - Hyunjin just has to burst Felix's romantic bubble. - You can have a great kiss with someone who's not right for you, you know?

- Mmm... no. - both Jeogin and Felix stand strong on their romantic ship.

They stare at Hyunjin who also feels strong about his view:
- Look, a kiss or sex... it's just a physical thing. There are other things that decide who is right for you.

- Maybe you just didn't kiss the right person yet. - Jeogin concludes.

Hyunjin decides they're too young to understand how love works, and stops further discussion.

Until Seungmin, who's been eavesdropping says:
- I had a girl who seemed perfect for me. But when we kissed, it was like kissing a wall. It just didn't work. That's why people date, they don't just get married based on some compatibility formula.

- When I started dating Minho, I knew right away he was the one. - Jisung, the self-proclaimed expert on kissing matters, also chips in.

- Jisung ahh.. we are not dating! - Minho has to explain for the hundredth time.

- Stays say we do. Stays all around the world think we're perfect for each other. I think we should date.

Minho just shakes his head, tired of Jisung's logic. But then he turns around and yells:

- You know what? Fine. Come over here, I'll kiss you!

- Not like that! Take me on a date first.

- I'll take you to a divorce lawyer.

- Oh baby, first we have to get married. And once you marry me, you'll never divorce me.

- Wait! - Hyunjin interrupts. - So you all think that a great kiss means the person is right for you?

- Yeah. Sure. - each kid, one by one, confirms.

- But what if that was just one or two great kisses? What if, after the kiss, you two drift away?

Changbin, who was quiet until then, looks dead serious and says:
- Maybe the other side didn't like your kisses.

- You are all crazy. You spend too much time on wattpad. - Hyunjin rolls his eyes at the whole group.

At that moment, Chan returns from a staff meeting.

- Chan - Jeogin calls him. - What do you think? Can you have a good chemistry with someone who's not perfect for you? Someone you don't love at all?

- I don't know, I guess so...? - Chan answers absentmindedly, and earns disappointing looks from Jeogin and Felix.

- See... I told you!! A kiss means nothing! - the moment Hyunjin says that, he feels bad. But it's too late, his words are already out.
The silence that started after his statement makes everything even worse.

The next morning, just as the sun starts coming out, a tiny little speck of suspicion sprouts in Hyunjin's heart. And it just keeps getting bigger.

He asks himself how come Jeogin and Felix are suddenly romantic, and he's not? He used to be the most romantic of all.
What if he's stupid and... wrong?
What if they are right?

The worst of all, kissing his popular, beautiful girlfriend, who seems so perfect for him - doesn't make him feel the way Chan's kisses did.

*****