✧.*Two✧.*

≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫

The next day Lillian met Coriolanus at the front of the school, both of them hiding from onlookers who could suspect the wrong thing.

"We should go to the train station to introduce ourselves to our mentees." Coriolanus said once he knew they were hidden. "When do they come in?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "In an hour." The boy answered looking at his watch.

Lillian and Coriolanus met at the train station, poised to meet their mentees and gain an early connection with their tributes. They watched as the other tributes climbed out of the train cars, one of the peacekeepers threw a girl out one of the cars. Instinctively, Lillian sought comfort, pulling herself closer to Coriolanus. Initially surprised, he reciprocated by drawing her even nearer as another tribute fell from a train car, intensifying the unsettling atmosphere.

When the peacekeepers led the tributes out, Lillian moved away from Coriolanus. Lillian found sight of her mentee wovey, she said a quick "See you later Coriolanus." with a small smile before she walked off to meet wovey.

"Hello, I'm Lillian Crane, I am going to be your mentor and bestfriend for the next few days." Lillian introduced herself to wovey. "I'm Wovey, do you have food?" "Aw, I'm sorry sweetheart, not right now but I can bring you some when I come back." Lillian said feeling dumb for not bringing the kid sustenance.

While Lillian was with Wovey, Coriolanus went to introduce himself to Lucy Gray. "Welcome to the capitol." He said reaching for the rose he brought for her. The pair hit it off in those limited minutes. But Lillian was glad she got a few extra minutes of introduction than the others.

As the peacekeepers moved to gather the tributes for transport, Lillian, driven by concern for Wovey's safety, discreetly trailed behind. Upon entering the military vehicle, her eyes immediately caught sight of a bright red shirt resembling the one she wore. The unexpected similarity sparked a momentary sense of unease, raising questions about the connection between her and the young tribute.

Swiftly boarding the truck, Lillian navigated to the rear of the vehicle. Before she could capture Coriolanus's attention, an irritable tribute jostled her, pushing her directly into him. Despite his initial distraction, Lillian's presence brought Coriolanus back to the immediate reality.

"Lillian? What are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes furrowed. "I wanted to keep an eye on Wovey, then I saw you, so I climbed in." She answered, prompting a slight smile from him.

He was impressed, impressed that a Capitol student genuinely cared about people in the districts. It was a stark contrast to her twin, someone self-centered. Lillian, being the opposite, left him intrigued, though he couldn't shake the suspicion that it might be an act, given the reputation of her twin amd frankly, family.

Lillian approached Wovey and guided her to the spot where she had been sitting earlier. Wovey engaged in simple conversation, sharing only a few words. Her favorite color was purple, and she's a little scared for the games. Their introduction was cut short by the other tributes.

"Hey!" One of the tributes yelled at us. "Hello?" Coriolanus answered for both of the misfits. Lillian slowly scooted over, the movement barely noticeable to the eye. Wovey walked away, she didn't want to get into it with them.

"What's the matter, preps?" Reaper taunted, making Lillian uneasy. "In the wrong cage?" he sneered. "Nope, this cage is delightful," Lillian replied, causing the tributes to draw closer. She gasped, grabbing onto Coriolanus.

"I'll kill both of you right now," Reaper threatened. "He'll do it," Dill added with a devious grin. "He killed a peacekeeper back in District 11."

Their plotting was interrupted by a sudden jolt of the vehicle, sending Lillian tumbling. Quick to react, Coriolanus caught her mid-fall. The precarious situation continued, with the unstable surroundings and crowded space. Determinedly, Lillian and Coriolanus held on, lowering themselves to the ground to minimize the impact of the impending fall.

"Oh, ow, ouch, let's give them a chance to stand up and catch their breath. I'm jealous of that entrance."

Coriolanus got up quickly, he stopped in his tracks looking around for something, or someone. Eventually, his eyes locked on Lillian, he ran over and helped her off the rough rocks.

The pair stood up together, "Do you know where wovey is?" Lillian asked, a worried look on her face. "I think she's over there." He pointed making Lillian run in that direction him following.

Lillian was on her knees reaching for Wovey when all she heard was the same man outside of the cage say "Hey you, in the red" He gained Coriolanus's attention making her stand up in confusion as well. "Oh my, there's two of them." He said telling the camera guy to get a better view.

"Come on over here. Who are you and why are you both in here? and who are you with?" Lucretius Flickerman called out from outside the cages. Lucy Gray, Wovey, Coriolanus, and Lillian walked closer to the fence hand in hand. Lucy Gray was on one end connected to Coriolanus who was connected with Lillian and on the other end of the line was Wovey.