✧.*Twenty✧.*

≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫

Lillian watched as Sejanus walked up toward the tree, his battered face telling a story of struggle and suffering. Blood dripped, scabs half-closed, the visible signs of his ordeal were stark. Lillian couldn't bring herself to look at him, feeling a pang of regret for not having the chance to talk to him more during her stay, knowing that their interactions had been overshadowed by larger events unfolding around them.

"Coryo, Coryo, help," Sejanus pleaded, his desperate gaze catching sight of Lillian. "Lillian, Coryo, Lilli, please help." Lillian perked up, ready to assist her friend, but Lucy Gray held her back, a silent acknowledgment of the dire consequences that awaited her if she intervened. The painful reality of the situation weighed heavily on those who cared for Sejanus, as they grappled with the harsh and unforgiving circumstances of District Twelve.

In a panicked state, Sejanus, positioned under the tree, called out again, "Lillian, Ma, Ma, Ma, Maaaaa!" The urgency in his voice echoed, but his distress was met with a cruel twist of fate. The ground beneath him retracted, sealing the fate of Sejanus. The jabberjays in the vicinity joined in, their mocking calls amplifying the somber moment as Sejanus took his last breath.

The tragic scene at the hanging tree starkly illustrated the harsh reality of life in the districts, mirroring the Capitol's brutal and unforgiving measures. The loss of Sejanus served as a poignant reminder of the oppressive forces at play in the Hunger Games, where lives were subject to the whims of those in power, and compassion often took a backseat to the grim demands of the Capitol.

Lillian scanned her surroundings, her eyes falling on Coriolanus, who stood there motionless. The perplexity lingered in her mind, questioning why he didn't act. Despite any annoyance Sejanus might have caused Coriolanus, there was still an underlying care, and, for all anyone at home knew, they were best friends. The complex emotions of the moment added another layer of intricacy to an already charged atmosphere.

Lillian fled from the scene, her footsteps quick and desperate. She ran as fast and as far as she could, guided only by the instinct to escape the overwhelming sorrow threatening to cloud her vision with tears. The raw emotion of the moment fueled her escape, with the weight of the tragedy propelling her forward into the unknown.

In a state of emotional turmoil, Lillian found solace beneath the tree where she first connected with Coriolanus. Seated on the ground, her back against the rock, she folded her arms on her knees. The weight of the recent events and the loss of Sejanus weighed heavily on her, and in the quiet refuge of that familiar spot, she grappled with the complex emotions swirling within.

Hidden behind a tree, Lillian was startled at the sound of a breaking stick. Choosing to remain unseen, she discreetly peered around the tree, finding Coriolanus on the other side. Opting for silence, she settled on the ground, hoping to evade his notice in the midst of her own emotional retreat.

As Coriolanus called out for her, Lillian remained concealed, her emotions preventing her from responding. With a heavy sigh, Coriolanus descended the hill behind her. The weight of the recent tragedy and the complexities of their connection lingered in the air as he approached, unaware of her presence.

Lillian felt bad, her emotions getting the best of her. She let out a sob as she made it to Coriolanus, he turned around engulfing her into a hug. "Hey, it's ok, I know, it's hard." He said tearing up himself. Coriolanus was also overwhelmed with emotion himself, offered Lillian a comforting hug, assuring her that it was okay to let her feelings out. He didn't have all the answers, but he was determined not to burden her with the truth of his involvement in the tragic events. Together, they faced the difficulty of the moment.

In a gesture of comfort, Lillian nodded and embraced the man before her, finding solace in the shared pain. As she hugged him, she looked up with a small, hopeful smile. "Can we call Tigris?" Lillian asked, her smile reflecting a yearning for connection in the midst of grief. Coriolanus reciprocated with a supportive smile, agreeing to reach out to Tigris. In that moment, they leaned on each other, drawing strength from the connections that remained amid the sorrow that enveloped them.

In the peacekeeper quarters, Coriolanus initiated the call to Tigris. As the screen flickered to life, Tigris greeted them, and Coriolanus couldn't help but smile at the familiar face of his cousin. "Coryo, your curls." Tigris remarked, a warm expression of awe crossing her face. Lillian, exuberant and wanting to be part of the connection, jumped onto Coriolanus's lap to ensure she was in the camera frame. "Hi Tigris!" she exclaimed, her enthusiasm reaching through the screen. Tigris responded with a joyful "Lillian!" as the three embraced the fleeting moment of connection across the distances that separated them.

The group hung up and Lillian and Coriolanus headed to the bar, sharing a mix of emotions. Eager to make the most of their last day together before Lillian's departure, they celebrated at the bar. The uncertainty of when they would meet again loomed over them, adding an emotional weight to their time together.

Coriolanus faced a turning point when he was summoned to the commander's office after his first night with Lillian at the bar. The news delivered to him was both significant and potentially transformative: he was informed about his imminent transfer to District Two, a move that promised a chance to secure a substantial income and reshape his circumstances.

Caught between the excitement of a promising future in District Two and the emotional pull of his connection with Lucy Gray, Coriolanus faced a complex internal struggle. Although be holds deep love for Lillian, the moments shared with Lucy Gray held a special place in his heart, adding layers of complexity to his feelings as he navigated the path between ambition and personal connections.