✧.*Twenty One✧.*

≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫

Lillian awoke in the comforting embrace of Coriolanus, finding herself in Lucy Gray's house. Emotions blended with uncertainty about the future as she absorbed the warmth, caught between the reality of departure and the present comfort.

Coriolanus finally stirred, gently shaking Lillian. A broad smile illuminated her face as she opened her eyes, savoring the moments shared, knowing the day marked both an end and a beginning.

Facing the inevitable, Lillian and Coriolanus reluctantly left the bed, acknowledging the bittersweet task of completing her packing and preparing for departure.

As the train slowly departed, Lillian waved a tearful goodbye to Coriolanus, leaving behind a piece of her heart in District Twelve. The separation marked the beginning of a challenging journey for both, uncertain of their next reunion.

After many hours, Lillian returned to the Capitol, greeted by her parents outside the station. "How was your trip?" they asked as they got into their car. "Amazing! I had so much fun in both districts. Wovey's parents were sweethearts, and I'm grateful for the time we spent together." Lillian gushed to her family. Lillian continued to gush to her family, "I missed Coriolanus, and it was so rewarding to see him again. He's changed a lot already." Lillian said making her fathers eyebrow raise.

Lillian's father had once been close friends with the Snows many years ago. He was best friends with Crassas Snow and Casca Highbottom. However, after their proposal of the Hunger Games, he began to distance himself from them. He didn't want to be associated with them, especially after Crassas' passing.

Lillian grew up far away from the Snows, their family shrouded in mystery, with no one knowing the answers about their lineage. After her father's friendship with them, the Crane family kept their distance from the Snows. Until now.

Lillian and her family finally made it back home, with her still rambling about her adventures during the trip. They were proud of her for embarking on such a journey, recognizing how much she had grown and endured, especially after recent losses. They believed the trip had been good for her.

As she suspected long before, all of Arachne's belongings were nowhere to be seen. While she had been away, they had slowly been cleaning out the girl's room. It weighed heavily on Mrs. Crane, much more than it did on Mr. Crane.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Lillian's heart swelled with relief as she finally stepped through the familiar threshold of her home. The comforting embrace of her own bed beckoned to her, a sanctuary where she could reflect on the myriad losses endured in District Twelve. Determined to pay her respects, she made her way to the home of Sejanus's parents.

A gentle rap echoed through the air as Lillian's knuckles met the polished surface of the grand white door. It swung open to reveal Ma Plinth, her warm smile a balm to Lillian's weary soul, as she graciously ushered the young woman inside.

Inside, Lillian was escorted to the inviting warmth of the living room, where the grieving parents awaited her. With a mixture of gratitude and sorrow, she shared poignant memories of her time in the districts, speaking earnestly of the profound impact their son had made on her life. Moved by her sincerity, the Plinths offered generous financial support, but Lillian graciously declined the majority of it, preferring to carry the weight of her memories rather than burdens of material wealth.

The distraught couple, their resolve unyielding, found themselves unable to accept rejection from a young girl, who happened to be younger than their own son. In a last-ditch effort to settle matters, they hastily scrawled a check, intended for the girl's parents, as a gesture to resolve unfinished business. With the check grasped tightly in her hand, the girl departed the house, having spent countless hours engaged in dialogue. Mrs. Plinth did like to talk.

Later in the week, a letter from Coriolanus arrived in Lillian's hands, bearing words of remorse regarding the tragic events involving Sejanus. Despite the somber undertones, his genuine empathy radiated from the page, illuminating his desire to extend a heartfelt gesture towards the Plinths.

In response, Lillian swiftly penned her thoughts, offering suggestions for Coriolanus's letter to the grieving family. Amidst the backdrop of recent loss, she found herself grappling with the fragility of life and the complexities of navigating overwhelming emotions. Even amidst the Capitol's façade of stoicism, the weight of their shared losses hung heavily in the air.