✧.*Eighteen✧.*

≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫≪ °❆° ≫

Lillian and Lucy Gray walked onto the stage hand in hand. Lucy Gray took a guitar, while Lillian positioned herself at the microphone. The contrasting emotions of the recent events lingered, yet they stood united, ready to channel their energy into the music and bring solace to the audience. The stage became a platform for their resilience and a testament to the strength found in the midst of chaos.

The echoes of their songs still lingered as Lillian headed to her sleeping quarters. Exiting the bar, she became aware of Coriolanus following her. The night held the promise of more shared moments, the complexities of their connection unraveling in the quiet streets of District Twelve.

"Leave me alone, Coriolanus." Lillian said without turning around, but she sensed his presence. "Lillian, hear me out, please." Coriolanus pleaded, reaching for her hand. Her steps quickened, but he managed to grab her arm, creating a moment charged with unresolved tension and emotions.

She stopped walking, turning toward him. "What do you want?!" Lillian exclaimed, her voice carrying a hint of frustration. Coriolanus, desperate to explain, responded, "I had to do it, Lillian, to save all of us, to save Lucy Gray, and Sejanus, and myself. I needed to save us. I did it for good." He grabbed her cheeks, pulling her face towards his, attempting to convey the urgency and gravity of his actions. The air hung heavy with a mix of emotions, leaving their fate suspended in the balance.

Lillian, despite her initial reluctance, found herself captivated by Coriolanus's bright blue eyes. "Coryo," she whispered as he led her to the side of the building, pushing her up against it. "Lilli," he whispered back, a small smile forming on his lips. In that intimate moment, the world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the echoes of their whispered exchange in the night air.

"I need to go." Lillian said, breaking the intimate moment between them. She left Coriolanus's grip, walking away towards the town. The weight of the day's events lingered, and sleep became a welcome escape for the emotional toll she had endured. The night held a quiet stillness as Lillian retreated into the shadows, seeking solace and respite from the tumultuous events that had unfolded.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

The next morning, Lillian woke up with determination. After getting dressed, she approached Lucy Gray to inquire about a suitable location to meet up with Coriolanus. Lucy Gray suggested a spot down by a lake. Thanking her, Lillian started packing items for a small picnic.

Lillian strolled through the streets of District Twelve when a group of peacekeepers passed by. Coriolanus quickly approached, pulling her out of sight. "They're searching for the gun. Stay inside for today, please." he pleaded. Lillian responded with a cheeky smile, "I set up a picnic for us down at the lake, if you'd join me?" Coriolanus, touched, replied, "I'd be honored." pulling her into him. The plans and shared moments hinted at a connection deeper than the surface rivalry that had defined their relationship for so long.

After work, Coriolanus arrived at the building where Lillian was staying. "Lillian, are you ready?" He called through the door. She walked out, dressed in one of Lucy Gray's dresses, a white blouse with vibrant embroidery on the front and sleeves, paired with a light blue skirt that reached her knees. Coriolanus was momentarily speechless, struck by how gorgeous she looked. The anticipation of their date filled the air as they set off for a well-deserved day together, the dynamics between them shifting from rivalry to something more profound.

They reached the lake, Lillian carrying a basket of food and her guitar. Grateful for this chance for just the two of them, they enjoyed the tranquility of the setting.

During their time in the water, Coriolanus swam over and playfully grabbed Lillian by the waist, eliciting a loud laugh from her, a clear sign of her enjoyment. The two continued to play around in the water for hours until they got hungry. Worried about her cooking, Lillian asked, "How's the food?" Coriolanus reassured her, "Delicious." bringing a smile to her face.

After finishing their meal, the two packed up the picnic and ascended a hill to a large rock. Lillian settled on the rock, taking out her guitar. The pair sat down, attempting to craft a song that captured the essence of their shared story. The creative collaboration unfolded as a unique blend of their experiences, rivalries, and the evolving dynamics that defined their connection. The hill became a canvas for the melodies and lyrics that would weave the narrative of their intertwined journey.

As Lillian heard approaching footsteps, a sense of urgency overcame her. "Coriolanus, you need to run. I think it's peacekeepers." she urgently tapped him off the rock. Determined to keep their secret safe, he responded, "Lillian, they can't know about this. I'll meet you in town," grabbing his belongings before swiftly running down the hill to find a hiding spot. The tension in the air intensified as the need for concealment became paramount, their intertwined stories weaving through the challenges of secrecy and survival.

Facing the peacekeepers, one of them inquired about the mayor's daughter's shooting. "No, I haven't. I'm so sorry to hear that." Lillian responded. The men grew suspicious, but Lillian swiftly diverted their attention. "I'm actually not from here, just here to visit a friend." She explained. When asked about her origin, she smiled and stated, "I'm from the Capitol, here to visit Coriolanus." The peacekeepers, apologetic, decided to let her be, allowing her to navigate the delicate situation and safeguard the secrets of the day's events.