VALERE AND HOUSE MORRIGAN

Before Valyria there was Valere

Before Valyria there was Valere. People always assumed that the Valyrians got their name because of Valyria...they didn't. 

Valere was ruled by Dragonlords, House Morrigan. But the Morrigans were more than Dragonlords. They practiced blood magic. 

It was these skills that kept them from being conquered by Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya during Aegon's conquest. 

Aegon conquered all of Westeros, resisted only by Valere, The North and Dorne who had all been allies long before the Doom of Valyria. 

The Morrigans protected The North and Dorne and together they resisted against Aegon and his sister-wives. 

House Morrigan of Valere have always been royalty, their sigil black raven on white. The House words are "Blood calls Blood. Blood feeds Blood. Blood is and shall ever be Blood." 

House Morrigan ruled as the Kings of the Dark, the Valon and the Night. For centuries. 

The phrase "Blood of the dragon"  refers to the Valyrian descent of the Morrigans, and more specifically to the fact that they were one of forty Dragonlord families of Valyria. Even though they lived on the outskirts. 

The typical Morrigan features are: pale skin, black hair with white streaks to remind them of the Valyrian descent and eyes in the shade of purple. 

The Morrigans can tolerate a bit more heat than most ordinary people; However, they are not immune to fire.

The Morrigans, just like the Targaryen are seen as prone to madness.