7] Heir for a Day

Raziel was not telling her something

Raziel was not telling her something. It was something big she could tell. She could always tell when he wanted to tell her something but wasn't. And it was on her mind, she could feel that Raziel wasn't right. She always could. 

And over the past few weeks, things had changed and Ravenna wanted nothing more than to go back to Valere, back to Altara and forget that all of this had ever happened. 

"You are going to burn your hand."

Ravenna  turned around from the candle on her fireplace where Mat was laying half naked on the bed, "Fire doesn't hurt me as much." That wasn't to say that if she got burnt alive by a dragon it wouldn't hurt, but little candles didn't affect her at all,

"Come back to bed."

That was what Ravenna wanted. Walking back over to the bed she sat over Mat, he sat up holding her back as he kissed her softly with his other hand on the side of her face.

"If I have to marry Cregan, would you come to the North with me?" Ravenna asked

Mat moved his face back so he could look at Ravenna properly, "Rav. You're not marrying Cregan so neither of us will have to go to the abysmal North."

Ravenna chuckled, "True..." but there was a feeling in her gut, she didn't know what it was but it was still telling her something, because after all duty is the death of love, "Very true...one of these days I'm going to take you to the skies, show you everything."

"It would take a lot to get me on that dragon."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Ravenna enjoyed watching the knights and soldiers train, she knew how to use a sword, her father had trained her. Much to the displeasure of her mother, but Haelys allowed it. How could she not? She was a dragon rider in her own right. She could go to war if she wanted to. 

Once again she found herself thinking about how different things could be if women were allowed to do the same things as men.

"Rav," Ravenna looked back and saw Lysander walking towards her, "What are you doing?"