4] Friendships

"I want to apologise for what I said when we first met

"I want to apologise for what I said when we first met." Cregan apologised as they walked through the gardens once more, "About your family being witches." 

Ravenna smiled, "Are you afraid of witches, Prince Stark?"  

Cregan shook his head, "Not at all. Cregan, please. We're to be married, I don't want titles involved."  

Ravenna liked that, "Then you can call me Ravenna." 

"You knew who I was didn't you?" Cregan asked 

"I didn't. Not until you said you were supposed to be betrothed to a Morrigan. And unless that's my brother, then it had to have been me." 

Cregan just smiled, it was a good smile, not forced, "If I had to choose between all the ladies at Court...I'm glad its you." 

"Choose? Are women of the North so easily picked up by a charming smile?" Ravenna asked 

Cregan raised an eyebrow, "So you find my smile charming?" 

"Not quite." 

Ravenna couldn't help but hate the part of her that was entertaining Cregan. She had Mat, he was all she needed and all she wanted. 

This Northern Prince was nothing compared to her Altaran street rat. 

"So you're not going to try and climb anymore walls?" Ravenna asked

Cregan shook his head with a smile, "Not yet, I'm sure Edric would have my head...are you?...Witches? I've heard stories about Valere." 

Ravenna stopped walking and looked at him, "Do you think I'm a witch, Cregan?" 

He didn't answer for a second before he took a step towards her, "I think there's something. I think there's something about the rumours that are true... I get the impression that this isn't something that you want but...I will wait, until you are ready. When you're ready, so will I. I would like to get to know you as a friend first."

Getting to know Cregan as a friend wouldn't make Ravenna feel as if she was betraying Mat so she nodded, "I'd like that. As a friend." 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

That night, Ravenna and Rhaenyra were sitting in the library. Rhaenyra and Ravenna had always been friends, they may not see each other often, but when they did it was like no time had passed at all, "I heard about your betrothal. How do you feel about it?" 

"I think your father waited until I was in his court to bring up the subject to my father. Because Viserys has the power here." Ravenna answered honestly, she wasn't in the room when her betrothal was being discussed. She knew it would happen eventually, but she would have liked of know what her parents said about it all the same. 

Ravenna always assumed she'd be betrothed to a Lord from Valere. But a Prince in the North? That wasn't even on her radar. Cregan wasn't on her mind. 

Rhaenyra just nodded, "Prince Stark is a good man. The rumours flying around about him are not true. I'm sure of it." 

"And I'm sure that they're also cooking a plot of your marriage." 

Rhaenyra simply picked up a cushion and hit Ravenna with it, "Ravenna!" 

The Princess of the Night just laughed, "What?! It's likely. You are the daughter of the current King of the Seven Kingdoms. They'd be stupid not to." 

Rhaenyra just shook her head, "I am perfectly fine as I am...is your brother competing in the Tourney tomorrow? Raziel?" 

Ravenna slightly smiled, she never missed the looks that were shared between Raziel and Rhaenyra, "I do hope not." 

Before Rhaenyra could reply, the remaining two Morrigan children walked into the library, "Rhaenyra." Raziel greeted 

The Targaryen Princess stood up and nodded to Raziel, "Prince Raziel." With that she walked out of the library, the doors opening then shutting behind her 

"Two days. We've not even been here two days and you cannot keep your eyes off of the Princess." Lysander observed, nudging Raziel's shoulder as he sat down beside Ravenna who was smiling at her brother 

Raziel just rolled his eyes as he sat down, "Rhaenyra is simply...a friend. Nothing more." 

Lysander just raised an eyebrow, he clearly didn't believe a word that his older brother was telling him, "And I like this shitpile of a city. Don't lie Raz. Ravenna how are you and the wolf prince?" 

"He's a friend. I don't want to marry him though." 

Raziel let out a breath as he leaned back in his chair, "The offer still stands." 

"If a Stark prince disappears in Kings Landing there will be a war. We don't need that. Not yet anyway." Ravenna told them both 

"This is why Viserys wanted us here, to create marriage pacts between his kingdom and ours." Lysander said 

Raziel nodded in agreement. It was smart, Viserys wanting the Morrigans in his territory, where he had the power and the Morrigans were nothing more than another noble family. They had their titles, their blood power, but not as much political power as they would have had in Valere. 

Viserys knew how to play a political game 

"And you don't have your usual look of rage on your face, so my guess is either you went flying with Volares which I know you haven't...or something else has happened?" Raziel guessed 

And when Ravenna looked at Lysander she saw that Raziel was right, there was something in his eye, "What have you been doing with your day? Or rather who have you met, brother?" Ravenna asked 

"My adventures are none of your concern, sister." Lysander replied, resting his arm across the back of the chair behind Ravenna. 

Right where he had always been, right where they both had always been. By her side, ready to protect and defend her if needed. And she would always need them, wherever she ended up. Wherever they all ended up. 

The Morrigan siblings would always stand true...or so it should have been. 

Thank you for reading 

The Tourney is next!! 

Comment and Vote :)