5] The Tourney

The Tourney for the baby wasn't something that Ravenna was very interested in but she had to go all the same

The Tourney for the baby wasn't something that Ravenna was very interested in but she had to go all the same. So with the help of Mat, the white dress with black patterns went on, then off, then back on again. And the pair eventually made it but Rhaenyra was nowhere to be seen. 

Ravenna sat at the very edge of the row with Mat on the lower podium. She was sitting beside the Lady Laena and Lord Laenor Velaryon. Ravenna leaned forwards so she could see Alicent, the pair weren't the best of friends, "Alicent, where's Rhaenyra?"

"I would assume with her mother." Alicent answered and just as she knew people were talking about her, Rhaenyra arrived to the deck before hastily sitting beside Alicent

"Cousin." Rhaenyra greeted

Ravenna smiled, "Nyra, how's Aunt Aemma?" 

"Doing as well as she can." Rhaenyra replied and Ravenna nodded 

Behind them, Viserys, Corlys, his lady-wife, Rhaenys. Haelys, Alastair, Otto and other high ranking members of the Council were sitting waiting for the Tourney to begin.

"Be welcome!" Viserys started his speech, "I know many of you have travelled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news that I am happy to share...Queen Aemma has begun her labours!"

As the crowd around the royal's clapped along. Ravenna clapped with them, even though she had a feeling one that she didn't like. Aemma had already lost more than one baby, something told her this would be the same, "May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!"

Ravenna glanced around the royal box and saw an empty seat next to Prince Edric Stark, "Where's your brother?" Ravenna mouthed to him

Edric noticed her, though he was the younger brother, he seemingly always accompanied Cregan to Kings Landing, Rickard simply nodded down to the ground.

Raevnna nodded as she turned back, she understood what he was trying to tell her "Cregans competing." she didn't know why she didn't like that, but she didn't like it, it made her gut churn.