11] Weddings and Vows

Things were moving fast

Things were moving fast. Faster than Cregan or Ravenna would have liked, even faster than they wanted but with the succession of the Northern Throne hanging in the balance, there wasn't anything that they could do about it.

Cregan, Edric and the Northmen had travelled back to the North upon the news of King Eddard and Lord Rickon's death. To have the death of a King was bad enough, but to have the death of a King and the Lord of Winterfell.

The people of the North were on edge and rightfully so.

When the marriage feast came about, it felt like half the population of Westeros were travelling to the North. The Velaryons, The Targaryens, every other Morrigan, and Jericho even stepped foot out of Valere, which was impressive in itself.

Everyone who was anyone was making their way.

The wedding would be different, they'd get married in the way of both of their beliefs. They would both respect each other but their wedding would be unique, something different.

Ravenna was not a nervous person, but in that moment, pacing around her room she had never felt anything like it. She was about to get married and then crowned as the new Queen Consort of the North. Even when she flew Maegon for the first time was nothing compared to what she was feeling.

"If you don't stop pacing, you're going to burn a hole in the floor." Alastair told his daughter, but she didn't stop, "Ravenna..."

Alastair sighed as he stood up and grabbed her arms, stopping her from moving, "I can't do this. I can't...every Northern Lord is there, a good chunk of the Altaran Lords. Not to mention, Viserys, Rhaenyra, Corlys and everyone else. I can't...I'm not good enough to be the Queen Consort of the North. I'm the Lady of Altara. That I can do. I can be the Lady of Chaos, not this."

His face softened, "You're already enough. You are extraordinary. It doesn't matter how many people are in there, all that matters are you and Cregan."

The door then opened, letting Raziel, Lysander and Haelys walk into the room, "Everyone's inside." Ravenna's mother told them.

Raziel walked over to Ravenna and without a word he hugged her, "Just look at me. I'll be your judge of the mood." He muttered.