8] Lies and Declerations

Ravenna had been avoiding everyone for days

Ravenna had been avoiding everyone for days. If she couldn't be found in the Red Keep, she was in the skies with Maegon, spending hours roaming around looking for hiding places to run away from the politics of Kings Landing.

Maybe one day she would find just that place.

Or one of her family would...

She had been avoiding everyone except for Cregan and Edric Stark. They would sneak her out of the palace, with the knowledge of Robb, of course, and take her into the town just to relax with the Northmen, have some fun which gave her a chance to forget everything.

Even though part of her still found Cregan partly insufferable, his charm overlooked that. 

But then she had to be thrown into reality, Rhaenyra was being named heir to the Iron Throne. Ravenna was glad that Raziel wasn't going to be named the heir, she knew that he didn't want it. She as well as her mother both believed that that throne would kill him. It would take away his soft side and turn him into a King.

"It would seem that you have that same idea that I do. Shouldn't you be getting ready with Alicent?"

Rhaenyra seemed to have the same idea as Ravenna, hiding away from the world, "It took my mother and brothers death to realise he already had an heir."

Ravenna sighed as she sat down beside Rhaenyra taking her hand, "I know. If it makes you feel any better, me, my parents and brothers have always thought you'd make a great Queen."

"You'd be a good Queen too." Rhaenyra said, squeezing her cousins hand, "Both of us. We will have two of the most powerful titles in the realm."

"Then we'd change things, together."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Ravenna was just about to leave her room after getting ready alone for Rhaenyra's declaration, when the door opened and Mat walked in, "I know..." he stopped talking when he saw the look on Ravenna's face, "Oh, okay...whatever's the matter? You look like the world is crumbling."