12] Queen in the North

The Coronation came quickly

The Coronation came quickly. Not as quick as Edric becoming the new Lord of Winterfell, but the Northern people needed someone whilst their soon-to-be King and Queen were settling in together.

Cregan and Ravenna were allowed a few days together after their wedding. Days and nights that they had enjoyed thoroughly. They had more time to get to know each other on deeper levels than they could in Kings Landing.

Walking towards the Great Hall once again, Ravenna didn't feel nervous this time. She had Cregan by her side, that made her feel one hundred times better.

"I want you to know, I never want you to take a back seat. We want the same things. The only way to do everything we want is together. When we trust each other as equals, as one heart. We can do great things, I truly believe that. This is not a coronation for a King but for a King and Queen."

Ravenna looked at him, that wasn't what she was meant to become. She wasn't meant to be the Queen in the North, just the Consort, a lower status to her new husband, "Really?"

Cregan nodded, "Starks are honourable men. I don't want my wife to be lower than me. I want you to be by my side."

Edric and Bran joined them walking behind the couple. The Lord of Winterfell and the Lord of Cerwyn Castle, thanks to his wife's inheritance, "Nervous?" Bran asked

Cregan shook his head as he took Ravenna's hand, "Not at all."

"Rav?" Edric asked.

Ravenna slightly smiled at the name, before she shook her head, "Not anymore."

The double doors to the Great Hall opened. On one side were all of the Northern Lords and on the other was some of the Southern Lords with the Altarans, Rhaenyra, who was there in place of Viserys who had started his travels back to the South. Lord Corlys and his family, then Ravenna's family.

Bran moved off to the left to join the rest of the Northerners, Ravenna stopped walking letting Cregan take a few steps ahead of her. She looked over to Raziel who just winked at her with a proud smile, he truly never believed she would get to this point, but here she was. He was telling her everything was going to be okay.

Edric walked in front of Cregan picking up the crown, Ravenna knew Edric, she didn't know what kind of coronation he was going to make it. A light-hearted one, or a very serious formal occasion.

"We all know why we are here. Now, I truly believe that my father, mother and uncle are watching us...wondering how in the name of gods my brother has survived this long considering." Some of the Northern Lords laughed, Cregan knelt down in front of his brother with a smile on his face, "But, I'm proud of him as I know are they. So I give you...the King in the North."

Edric placed the crown on his head, bowing his head before stepping back. Some people in the South believe that the North was being run by children. Cregan barely being nineteen. But there were others that believed in them wholeheartedly.

Cregan stood up and walked over to the throne, but he didn't sit down. He was waiting for Ravenna, waiting for his Queen.

Then it was Ravenna's turn, she walked up to Edric, kneeling down in front of him as he picked up the crown.

"Now Ravenna...a Morrigan Queen in the North, who would have thought it? I knew...I always did." Ravenna smiled as she looked up at Edric, if there was one thing he was good at it was raising nerves, "I am a very proud man today, I give you..." he placed the crown on Ravenna's head, "the Queen in the North."

Standing up, Ravenna smiled at Edric as he bowed his head as she walked past him towards Cregan. They looked at each other before sitting down on their thrones. The Southerners looked confused, they didn't know that Ravenna was going to be crowned Queen. The Northerners, however, knew.

And she was already a princess in the eyes of the Altarans.

Each of the Northern Lords took out their swords pointing them to the sky, including Edric and Bran, "The King in the North! The Queen in the North!"

Ravenna didn't have a place the world, she wasn't set to inherit anything, she had Altara, just because her father wanted her to have a title. She was just a daughter of a King, no importance in the world. But now, maybe she had found a place where she was needed. Where she could be happy.

From then on, Cregan Stark and Ravenna Morrigan became two of the biggest players in the history of any game for the Iron Throne.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Saying goodbye would always be the hardest part. The Coronation celebrations were over. Most of the Southern Lords had returned to the South and the Altarans had already opened their waygates. Just leaving parts of their Royal Family. "You look at home here already." Rhaenyra observed as she and Ravenna were walking arm in arm towards the carriages and where Syrax was waiting for Rhaenyra, with the other dragons.

Maegon and Rhaegon were sitting together, occasionally nudging each other with their heads. They were going to miss each other just as much as their riders were.

Ravenna smiled, "I think I am. But listen..." the pair stopped and she turned to face the heir to the Iron Throne, "If you ever need me, someone to talk to, or even if the South gets too much. You always have a place here and I can be in Kings Landing in seconds should you need me."

Rhaenyra smiled as she hugged her cousin, "I will remember that...can I ask? Did you know? That you were going to be the Queen?"

Ravenna shook her head when she pulled away, "Not until I was walking in. I'm Queen, you're going to be a Queen. Maybe we can create a new order...together."

Rhaenyra smiled as she squeezed her hand before walking off as Raziel approached his sister, "I don't know who's more upset to be leaving. Me or Rhaegon?" Ravenna sadly laughed as she pulled her brother towards her, "I feel like I'm never going to see you again."

"Don't be silly, you will." Ravenna reassured him as she felt him squeeze her tightly, "You are welcome in Winterfell, whenever you need it. Remember that."

Raziel nodded as the twins pulled away, "I can't believe you're keeping Gyles." Lysander said as he walked towards his siblings.

Ravenna smiled before hugging Lysander, "Look after him. I'll know if you don't."

"I will." Lysander promised her

Ravenna nodded to her brother before walking off to her parents, Raziel squeezed his sister's hand before walking off to join Rhaenyra with the dragons. Ravenna noticed him look back at her as he did.

Haelys smiled slightly, cupping Ravenna's face with her hands as tears were threatening to spill, "My daughter...you are good. From your first breath, you have been a force of nature. But you are now a Queen...I couldn't be prouder. You are going to be one of the strongest women this world has ever seen. I just know it."

"Remember what I said. You are extraordinary." Alastair placed his hands on Ravenna's shoulders, "People are going to know who you are."

If only Alastair knew how right, he was

Thank you for reading

Ravenna Morrigan...Queen in the North

Next chapter is the introduction of two MAJOR characters in the Dance

Comment and Vote