6

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ᴘʀᴏꜰᴇꜱꜱᴏʀ ᴍᴄɢᴏɴᴀɢᴀʟʟ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very stern face and Cassiopeia instantly knew that this was not someone to cross.

"The first years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid. 

"Thank you, Hagrid, I will take them from here."

She pulled the door wide. The Entrance Hall was enormous. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seat in the Great Hall. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history, and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." 

I fixed my hair and straightened my clothes. Everyone else was also doing the same.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."

Me and Katherine were talking while waiting when twenty ghosts had just streamed through the back wall. Pearly-white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking to each other and hardly glancing at the first years.

"Oh Merlin, what will I do if I don't get into Slytherin?" Katherine asked nervously. 

"It's ok. You will get sorted into Slytherin. I just know it." I said attempting to calm her down.

"Move along now." said a sharp voice. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start."

Professor McGonagall had returned. 

"Now, form a line and follow me." Professor McGonagall told us.

--------------------------------------・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・

Woah, she is going to get sorted. Any guesses on which house she is going to get sorted to? Its pretty obvious, innit?

・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・----------------------------------------