8

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴ-ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Cassiopeia's POV

The next day, I got ready and got out of my dorm with Pansy, Daphne and Katherine. We got lost a few times, but it wasn't a big issue. 

It was Friday, and we finally had Potions. I love Potions with all my heart. I have read many books about it too. The Head of Slytherin house, Severus Snape was our Potions master. It turns out that the professor who gave me a sympathetic smile after watching the interaction between me and Harry on the day of sorting was the head of our house.

I went to the Great Hall to eat breakfast that morning and was excited. I sat in my usual seat which was in between Draco and Katherine. Pansy sat next to Draco and I was just informed that she had a crush on him which I thought was disgusting. Blaise, Daphne, Theodore Nott and Tracey Davis sat across us. 

Just then, the post arrived. Hades flew in and dropped a letter on my plate. 

D𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐬,

 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤? 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬? 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞! 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐬. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐱. 𝐍𝐨𝐰, 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞. 𝐄𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮! 

 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 

 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞.

I took the box and inside, there was a ring. I tried to wear it but it was too big for me, I think I should wear it with my chain as a necklace. 

Me, Katherine, Crabbe, Goyle, Draco and Pansy were walking to Potions. Pansy was clinging to Draco's arm as if her life depended on it.

We got into Potions and sat in the seats. I sat next to Katherine. 

Professor Snape started the class by taking the register and he paused at Harry's name. 

"Ah yes." he said softly "Harry Potter. Our new celebrity." 

Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were sniggering and me and Katherine just rolled our eyes at their immaturity. 

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making." he began. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." 

More silence followed this little speech,I almost practically jumped with excitement. 

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood."

Of course, I know the answer, but Aurie told me that Snape has always hated know-it-alls. She told me it is better to not act as though I know everything and to only answer if asked or when my house is mentioned. 

Well, Granger needed that piece of information considering that her hand was practically reaching the ceiling. She was not getting into his good books.

"I don't know sir," said Harry. 

I must admit, I felt bad for him. 

"Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything." 

He ignored Granger's hand. Expected. 

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" 

Granger raised her hand again and Harry looked as though it was the first time he had heard of bezoar. Draco and his little goons were shaking with laughter. How immature are they? Merlin. 

"I don't know sir." 

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" 

At this point, it was clear that Snape hated Harry. 

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" 

"I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?" 

Ok, that was rude. Yet deserved. But rude. 

Well, the Professor wasn't pleased. Obviously. 

"Sit down." he snapped at Granger. I tried my best to hide my snigger. Yes, I know I was calling Draco immature for something similar two minutes ago, but Granger needed to be humbled. She was too annoying sometimes. I thought she was okay during the train ride, but throughout the first week of school, she kept complaining when I sat at the Gryffindor table to tell Harry or Ron something even though it took two minutes. In her opinion, I shouldn't even look at the table. 

"Now, can anybody from Slytherin tell me the answer to this question?" 

"Sir," I called out.