16

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ᴜɢʟʏ ᴛʀᴏʟʟ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was a horrible sight. I mean it was a troll. It was ugly. It had granite grey skin, a great lumpy body, and short legs thick as tree trunks. You get the point, it was ugly.                                     

The troll stopped next to a doorway and peered inside. It waggled its long ears, making up its tiny mind, then slouched slowly into the room. 

"The key's in the lock," Harry muttered. "We could lock it in." 

"Good idea," Ron muttered. I nodded.

Somehow, Harry managed to lock it in. 

"YES!" They both celebrated as I said "no."

That's when he heard a scream.

"ITS THE GIRLS TOILET." Harry gasped.

"WELL. NO SHIT SHERLOCK." I said unlocking the door.

I saw Hermione Granger shrinking against the wall opposite, looking as if she was about to faint. The troll was advancing on her, knocking the sinks off. 

"Confuse it." He told Ron.  

We tried to 'confuse' the troll which was extremely risky. 

When Harry climbed onto it which I thought was incredibly stupid, the troll started to shake him off or to rip him off. The troll had a club. 

Alright, I had to do something. These two are messing this up.

"PETRIFICIUS TOTALUS" I cried making the troll freeze and I realized that Ron had made the club levitated. We both looked and each other and grinned. 

"Is it - dead?" Hermione asked. 

"No, it's petrified,"  I answered. 

"How do you know this one... it is not in our books,"  Granger asked.

"I read books other than our schoolbooks, Granger. Plus, my grandfather taught me a bunch of spells way before school started."    

Ron and Harry were observing Harry's wand which was apparently covered in troll bogies. It was disgusting. 

A sudden slamming and loud footsteps made the four of us look up. We didn't realize the racket this whole ordeal had made. Oh no. Professor Snape. The look in his eyes reflected his disappointment.  Not only he, but Professor McGonagall and Professor Quirrell were also there. 

Professor Snape bent over the troll. Professor McGonagall looked furious. 

"What on earth were you thinking of?" said Professor McGonagall. "You are lucky you aren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitory?"

"I am highly disappointed in you, Ms.Black. I thought of you as one of my most responsible students... " Snape said disappointment evident in his words and body language.

I looked down feeling guilty that's when Granger finally got back to her feet. 

"Please, Professors- they were looking for me." 

"Miss Granger!" Professor McGonagall cried out in surprise.

"I went looking for the troll because I - I thought I could deal with it on my own - you know because I've read all about them." 

I looked at her smiling. Maybe she isn't so bad after all. It was nice of her to say that. 

"If they hadn't found me, I'd be dead now. Harry stuck his wand up his nose, Ron knocked it out with its club and Cassiopeia petrified it using a spell. They didn't have time to come and fetch anyone. It was about to finish me off when they arrived." 

"But Miss Black, if I'm correct first years don't have to learn about the Petrifying Spell," McGonagall said. 

"Yes, you are correct Professor. But, I read about it." 

"A-absolutely b-brilliant girl." Professor Quirrell said and Snape turned around swiftly and gave him a piercing look Quirell looked away looking at anything but Snape. 

Professor Snape looked back at us and he had a proud look on his face. 

"Well- in that case..." McGonagall started. "Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think tackling a mountain troll on your own." 

Granger hung her head. I felt bad for her. She was taking the blame for us. I am not complaining though... as much as I appreciate her help I am not going to tell the Professors what happened and get myself in trouble. It is better to be selfish sometimes. 

"Miss Granger, five points will be taken from Gryffindor for this. I am very disappointed in you. You should better get off to Gryffindor Tower. Students are finishing their feast there."  Granger left as soon as McGonagall said this. 

"Well, Potter and Weasley you each win Gryffindor five points for sheer dumb luck. Ms. Black, you have earned Slytherin House 10 points for your knowledge of the Petrifying Spell as it had quite literally saved 4 lives. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't know it." McGonagall grew pale over the thought.

I grinned at her and looked over at Snape who still wore the proud expression but now it had a hint of smugness to it. 

"Professor Dumbledore will be informed of this. You may go." 

I walked to the Slytherin Common Room and was immediately attacked into a hug by Draco. 

"DRACO.LET.GO. I. CAN'T.BREATHE."  

He finally pulled away and I let out a sigh of relief until he hit the back of my head. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU? I WAS WORRIED SICK. ROSIER TOO." He said. 

"Calm down. Now, where is she?" 

He led me to one of the couches where a teary-eyed Katherine and Daphne who looked worried were sitting. As soon as they saw me, they too tackled me to the ground. 

"Where were you? I thought the troll got to you." Katherine said crying. 

"Well, it did. Kind of. I'll tell you two later." 

That night, I updated both of them on what happened. I told them that I didn't think Granger was all bad. I mean, maybe she was a bit nice. I don't know... I think we'll see about that.