11

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ᴍᴀʀᴄᴜꜱ ꜰʟɪɴᴛ

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"HARRY POTTER!" Professor McGonagall called as soon as I landed.

"MS. BLACK!" Snape called.

I felt my heart sink. 

"Never- in all my time at Hogwarts-" McGonagall said. She looked speechless, she looked at both me and Harry. She was one of my favorite teachers and well, what can I say... I was her favorite too. Professor Snape was a close second, and yes, I had disappointed him too. 

"How dare you!? You could have broken your neck!" Snape said. 

"It wasn't their fault, Professor-"

"Be quiet, Miss Rosier."

"But Malfoy-"

"That's enough, Weasley. Potter follow McGonagall and Black follow me now."

I caught sight of Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy's triumphant faces as I left. This is it. I am a failure. I would be expelled. I would never be respected in the wizarding world.  I mean I could always go to Beauxbatons, Ilvermony or Durmstrang but... Harry wouldn't be there, Katherine wouldn't be there, Daphne wouldn't be there. 

Snape stopped when we reached the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. 

"May I borrow Flint for a moment?" He asked Quirrell.

Ohh. Marcus Flint, Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch Team. Why is he calling Flint? Unless...

"S-sure." Professor Quirrell replied. 

Snape pointed them to a classroom and started talking.

"Alright Flint, I've gotten you a chaser." 

"Sir, where is he?" 

"It's not a he, Flint. It's a she. This is Cassiopeia Black, and she will be your chaser."

"But sir, she's a first year and she's a girl-"

"Yes, she is. Very observant of you Flint."  Snape said, sounding almost sarcastic.

"But I can't recruit her sir, I can't permit her to join sir. The Slytherin team doesn't have any girls."

"I didn't ask you for your permission, Flint. It was an order. I can take away that badge right this instant if you don't recruit her. We cannot lose to Gryffindor. She is a natural. She is the daughter of Athena Gaunt."

"SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF ATHENA GAUNT!?" Flint said, his eyes widening.

"Well, no shit Sherlock," I said breaking my silence and rolling my eyes. My eyes widened as I realised that I had said that in front of Professor Snape.

"Exactly," He said to Flint.

"Huh, well you aren't too bad, I suppose," Flint said. 

"Sir, what about her broom?" Flint asked.

"I can ask Dumbledore to bend the first-year rule and to buy the broom."

"No, sir. It's ok. I can buy it. I will ask my aunt." I said wearing a polite smile. 

"Alright, Flint. Drop her to her next class. I suspect Parkinson is bothering you, Ms. Black. Am I right?" 

"Yes sir. It's ok. Nothing I can't deal with." I said.

Me and Flint were walking to Charms. 

"I suppose you're the youngest player in a century." He spoke.

"Well, yes. But not only me, Harry Potter has joined the Gryffindor team.." 

"They've got a new player? The Gryffindor team?"

"Well, I suppose they do. But we will win. We will. I am sure." I replied. 

"Also, that Parkinson girl. What's the deal with her?"

"Well, Draco is being a snobby bitch and obviously she has to support him, and I think she's going too far. But don't worry, I know many hexes and jinxes so I can take her pug-faced arse in a second." 

He laughed.

"Well, we are here," Flint said.

"Oh no... We have a test today." I recalled.

"Well, good luck Black. You'll need it."

"Haha," I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.