Chapter One: "Elijah"

*What is a soul? Some believe it is a spiritual form of one's body, others believe it is a small piece of the Creator living within them, I believe it is something far much greater than all of that, after all if the Creator had indeed created a soul, why are him and the Devil fighting over it? I believe the soul was not created by the Creator, and that is why it is so powerful and valuable. The soul is the power a Human being possesses within themselves to perform Inhuman feats, miracles, some Humans are lucky enough to tap into that power, others are unfortunate to tap into that power, each of us has a different and unique ability, and only a select few are able to harness those abilities, I call them Evolved Humans. And I am one of them, I can foresee future events before they happen, for the past year I have been seeing the end of the World, ending in a colossal explosion that engulfs everything in it's burning flames, I have also been seeing two individuals whom I believe in some way are involved, I must find them and have them help me save the World from impending doom.

My name is Elijah Denvers, born in Saint City and raised by two loving parents named Gaia and John. When I was five, I began having Nightmares, every night I fell asleep I dream of my parents dying in a fatal car crash. It was a re-occurring dream till it turned into a Daymare, I would see the same dream whilst in class, I told my parents but they dismissed it as something else, something childish, obviously no one takes a kid seriously, even when the matter is serious, the sad truth. Anyway, I kept telling them of this dream, even drew it on my drawing pad, I was not perfect back then so you can imagine my artistry. When they saw my drawings they opted to seek professional help for me, they almost had me convinced I was insane.

I spent the next five months being fed treatments and medications, the visions stopped eventually. I was taken home the next day, while driving, for some odd reason the car lost control and made a collision with a semi truck that drove the opposite direction, it was head on, I survived with a concussion, all ribs broken left leg broken in two places and but nothing life threatening, my parents however was another story, I was bedridden for a while, then spent months on a wheelchair, my recovery was slow and hard, I watched the coffins containing the lifeless bodies of the two only people who would loved me unconditionally descend into the Earth and forever gone from my sights. The weather that day went along with what I felt, the downpour and dark clouds covering the clear blue sky and the sun above was an exact replica of heaviness I felt, people coming up to me, telling me how much my parents were good people, I didn't need them to tell me that, I knew my parents probably more then they ever did, they were good people, yes, they would never stand by while another Human was in need, that's the kind of people I came from, the kind of people who brought me into this cruel World and left me in it, alone.

I never recovered from my parents' deaths, years went by and I grew into my teen years, raised by my mother's sister I found ways to cope and deal with the ever lingering pain that fills my heart and weighs heavy on my shoulders, I could foretell their end but I failed to save them. I started drinking and got mixed up with the wrong crowd and eventually I got addicted to drugs, I used and was lost in the peacefulness of the high. One day I took a drug, it turned out it was spiked with rare materials and was experimental, once I ingested it I had a seizure, I could see the fate of the people around me one by one, then one vision stood out, one future that shook me to the core and knocked me back to my senses, the end of the World was eminent and it would send us into a dystopian age, food would be scarce, water would be toxic and governments would turn tyrannical.

Asking questions no one could have possible answers to, my questioning of the existence of the Evolved Humans and were their power originates from. My belief is that the Human souls is the source of Human capabilities to do miracles, for some. In my case, I have the sight to see events that have yet to happen and the most common one is the explosion that could level the entire city while it's shockwave could level the rest of the country, sending the World into a dystopian age. I must prevent it from happening, but how? Where would I even begin?*

Elijah was in his home having just returned from painting in the basement, stained with smirks of his work below he needed to shower and refresh, he strips naked, throwing his dirty clothes into the washing basket and proceeds walking into the bathroom, sliding open the glass door and enters the shower. He reached with his left hand for the tap and twists it, the Water sprinkles on his body, it felt nice and calming, his head was lowered and eyes closed, his long Black hair fell over his face dripping water, his right hand placed on the tiled walls leaning forward, reliving the accident the took his parents away, ever since then he has never gotten over it, he could see their demise and yet couldn't do enough to prevent it, that damaged Elijah, resulting in him to be closed off, unable to make meaningful connections, occasional sexual encounters with no meaning, he felt alone ever since losing his parents and never sort to make that feeling go away, his loneliness was his way of punishing himself from failing to keep his parents alive.

A few minutes later, he reached for the tap with his left hand again and turned off the sprinkler, opens the glass door of the shower and reached for a towel with his right hand, drying his hair first then his body from the face down, he wraps the towel around his waist and steps out, he walked to the front of the mirror which was wet from the steam, using his left hand to wipe the wet on the mirror he pauses, confused by what he sees he continues to wave his hand back and forth wiping the wet on the mirror, he wasn't looking at his reflection, but a view of Saint City, he squints as his eyes scan the view he saw, then a blinding flash of light appeared out of nowhere, followed by a loud bang echoing from the light's origin, he covers his eyes using his arms to shield them, once it subsides Elijah lowered his arms and tries regaining focus on his sight, seeing the enormous explosion his eyes widened, the fire spreads engulfing the city with it's fiery furnace, the screams where deafening, like a tsunami the fire traveled between buildings filling the streets and making some buildings fall where they stood, Elijah could feel the heat on his body, it felt so real it made his heat pound hard as if it would jump from his chest.

The pain he feels from the heat intensifies as he begins screaming in agony as the flames burn him, just as they did the vision ends and he falls on his knees, his body feeling the trauma of the pain cause despite it being not real as of yet, his body reacted as if it were, Elijah cries as he curls into a ball hugging his knees and buries his face in his arms. For a few minutes he stayed in one area of the house till he regained sense, he gets up on his feet and slowly walks back to the mirror seeing his reflection this time, he sighs in relief and washes his face, he walks out of the bathroom hanging the towel on the rails and walks into his room, naked still he throws himself on the bed on his back  his arms and legs stretched out living his genitals laying bare looking up at the ceiling till his eyelids became heavy and eventually he falls asleep.