Chapter Ten: "Unbreakable"

*Do you know what the scariest thing probably is? Not knowing where you belong in this world*

Selena was taken home from the hospital by Elijah and Malakai, they had been watching over her since she had been shot, taking care of her and nursing her back to health. She felt special having two people whom she cares about taking care of her, they have been working tirelessly along with Cosima and Hannah whom Selena knows nothing of because Elijah and Malakai had not mentioned them to her, she is a cop and it would natural for her to ask questions about the two, she wants to know if anything had been discovered about her shooter but Elijah tells her he is working as hard as he can, her shooter however have killed himself to avoid being questioned so they were trying various different approaches, Kai notices Elijah has not told her about the attempt on his life the same day and assumes he wants to keep it that way but would tell her what Cosima had told him about the secret war between the Imperium and Icarus organisations.

A few days later......

Selena was back to work although she had a sling on to support her left arm, she not a hundred percent recovered but was recovered enough to get back to work, Elijah had quit being a police consultant, mostly because he feels restrained, unable to use his abilities to full help due to hiding his powers, Elijah went to work with Kai, Cosima and Hannah at the hideout, each having a code name to conceal their identities, Cosima was designing outfits to better hide their identities and freely use their gifts without fear but the two were still keeping their workings under wraps. Elijah had a green hoodie while Malakai had a blue one, to cover their faces. Malakai was training Elijah in hand to hand combat, Hannah was a former MMA fighter and sharpens her skills by soaring with Malakai on occasion. When he's not soaring, Elijah goes out into the streets, stands in a crowded place, this time being a train station, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he starts walking, brushing against everyone he comes into physical contact with, upon touch Elijah is able to see their futures, what they will do and what not, he did not know what he was looking for as well, he was just searching for something, anything. He does this for a few hours, till he comes into contact with one individual who was planning to rob a store later that evening, he pauses and turns to look at the individual, squinting and debated on what he will do, then another bumps into him, her future was she would end her own life, on the same evening, no one will know where she is and she won't be discovered until after ten months have passed, to Elijah it was obvious which one he'd help but does call the police anonymously and tells them the exact time and place of where the Robert would occur, after he hangs up he follows the girl who was to end her life tonight, he affairs were in order, she had been planning this for a while now and with everything sorted there was not much left to do other than doing it and get it over with. On that night she had been walking all over Saint City till it was dark, she walks into a building she works in, Elijah uses his ability to evade security, looking down at the right moment, looking away at the right moment and so on till he passed security, even managed to pickpocket a key card, he follows the woman up to the roof of the building and arrives just as she climbs the ledge and was looking down, tears filled her eyes and streamed down her cheeks, Elijah calls to her but was careful not to scare her, she tells him to leave but Elijah refuses, he tries talking her down while inching closer, she sobs as she had her mind made up and had no reason to move on as she was tired but Elijah told her there was more to life than just bad experiences and she needed to go out and find herself, the world is big enough for that and her leaving it would mean one less good person in the world, the woman turns to look at him as she climbs down, Elijah moves as she slips and was falling but Elijah reached for her hand grabs her in time, he pulls her up and saves her then disappears once she was safe.

Meanwhile, Malakai was at the hideout, shirtless looking out the window seemingly lost in thought, he had been hiding from Kira's bounty since she put it out there, he had to fix it, clenching his fist and grabbing his shirt he goes to see Cosima, putting on his shirt and asks her to get him Kira's number, he wanted to settle this so they can move on, Cosima apologizes to Kai for getting him into this but Kai just shrugs it off telling her it was okay, Cosima nods and does as Kai asked, got him Kira's number, she gives it to him and calls Kira on private cell. Kira was in a meeting as her phone rings, she excuses her self and answers it, Kai tells her it is him and that he wants to talk and but this to bed but Kira reminds him he tried to kill her and she is not one who so easily forgives transgressions against her, Kai proposes a dual, if she wins she can take his life but if does come out victorious then they will squash  the feud and let it end there, Kira who was confident in her ability agrees to the fight and will text him the address of where they will meet then hangs up, she smiles and walks back to the meeting, Kai put the phone away and looked at Cosima who felt uneasy about this deal, she tries to talk him out of it but Kai insists he handles it this way, Cosima respects his decision but suggests telling Elijah, Kai refuses, thinking it was because she wanted Elijah to tell him how this will play out but Cosima only wants him safe and with Elijah's abilities he can see if Kira is setting a trap for him, only for her to take him out once he arrives there, Kai leaves the room after telling Cosima not to call Elijah but Cosima calls Elijah anyways and tells him what was going on. Elijah grabs his green hoodie and puts it on rushing to the hideout and arrives just as Kai was leaving, Kai sighs shaking his head and knew Cosima called Elijah even though Elijah tells him he saw what he was going to do in a vision but Kai tells Elijah he is a bad liar, he proceeds to ask him since he was here if Kira was indeed setting a trap for him and Elijah shook his head and tells him Kira is a woman of her word and that she will honour their agreement to meet him and fight him one on one although there will be witnesses, Kai nods and enters his car as did Elijah, entering on the other side and they drive off to the location Kira sent to Kai.