Chapter Twelve: "Instruments Of Destruction And Salvation"

*"The sun rises on a new dawn. Yet few of us realise the debt we owe to those responsible for this. To those who dwell among us. Anonymous, seemingly ordinary, whom destiny brought together to heal, to save us, from ourselves."*

Night time, the sky was covered in clouds with rumbling thunder from afar, the city was beautiful with its lights lit and cars driving up and down, one car is the focus in the midst of all on the road, one car that in it has two Evos of great power, driving towards what could be certain death for maybe both depending on the outcome of what is to transpire this evening, Elijah sat at the passenger seat whom had tagged along for the ride, showing signs of being nervous by tapping his foot repeatedly on the floor, Malakai also called Kai for short was driving, reluctantly having agreed to let Elijah tag along, his foot tapping made him even more nervous on top of annoying him and asks him to stop it, Elijah apologises and stops as the car edges closer to the address Kira had sent to them, Kai asks Elijah if he knew the outcome of the fight between himself and Kira, Elijah nods, seeing how nervous he is Kai assumes it must be bad, he summons the courage to ask him what it was with Elijah responding only with

"If I tell you what will happen it won't happen"

Elijah says, Kai exhales frustrated but respects his decision of not confiding in him about the outcome,.

The car arrives at the spot, it was surrounded by containers that formed a ring like scene clearly meant for this fight, it was confined but not too restricted, clearly Kira likes being symbolic, the two exit the car and walk inside and see Kira with her men standing there waiting, Elijah and Kai stood a few feet away from them as Kira smiles seeing the man who tried to kill her not so long ago, she wore her formal clothing, all black, he Kitana ever on her hip sheathed, he hands held each other at the front over her crotch as she tilts her head to the left her eyes squinting, she welcomes them both to her arena and asked what they thought of the place, emphasizing her building it herself, Kai quickly dissected it as a show of how powerful she is but it does not change his plan of beating her tonight, Kai smiles and compliments her feat of strength and he efforts to make this scene just for this moment, Kira chuckles and bows her head and does remind him of their deal, of she winds she will take his head and keep it as a trophy in her office but if he does win then they would be square and the bounty will be off. Kai nods as Kira removes her jacket that hung on her shoulders giving to one of her men then removes her Kitana from her hip and gives it to another one of her men, the only witnesses to this fight was her men and Elijah who stood by holding Kai's jacket leaving it only his tank top of black colour, the two then circle one another, sizing up each other, both were nervous but Kai even more, come on, Flight powers vs Telekinesis? Even Kai knew how this will go and he had to move as fast as he can to give no time to react, then there is that force field she keeps around her body making it impossible for her to sustain damage, Kai knew he had to be smart or this will be his last night, the two stop a few feet apart from each other waiting for the word go, everyone was silent, the energy felt intense, the sound of wind blowing was the only thing noisey, the clouds flash with thunder followed by rumbling, the two stared at each other still, this was becoming more intense as no one made the first move, then a strike came down and made a crack sound then followed by a loud boom, that was the signal as Kai used his speed to dash towards Kira and tackles her hard sending a small shock wave throughout, Kira is sent flying a few distance away and finally stops, she looked up at Kai and stood to her feet as Kai used his speed again to throw her off, it was hard getting a moving target, Kira moved forward and stood in the middle as Kai attacks her from all directions, his feet never touching the ground as he was flying hence he can move so fast, when Kira tries to react she proved too slow and could not touch Kai who kept moving as fast as he possibly can appearing a blur that was moving circles around Kira but her protective force field was keeping her from getting damaged but did not prevent her from reacting to the strong punches Kai dished out to her.