Chapter Thirteen: "Return To Sakekhama"

*The jungle consumes everything, it preys on the sick, the old, the wounded, it preys on the weak, but never the strong*

In the island of Sakekhama......at the sandy beach of this beautiful land was a group of boys playing, others poking with sticks at jelly fish that have washed up on the shore, it was calm with a cooling breeze that brushed up against the skin gently, the sun was not so hot and irritating, one of the boys playing on the beach did not like playing much instead enjoyed gazing at the open sea, full of wonder and curiosity as to what else is out there, what lays beyond the vast water, then his wondering mind was interrupted by the sight of many ships, battle ships waving a flag black of colour and a red Cross as it's banner, the boy stood up to his feet and ran towards the village to warn his people of what he's seen in the far distance. As soon as he does they hear noises, helicopter sounds from the distance, everyone looks up as they were now nervous and in fear of the unknown but their village head urges them to keep calm and let him do all the talking, they agree. Three helicopter arrive and hover above their village, black in colour they were, the villagers looked in anticipation as children clung to the skirts of their mothers, they squint their eyes blocking out the dirt being blown by there spinning blades of the helicopters, they land and turn their engines off, there back doors open as a man wearing the uniform of an Admiral steps out being accompanied by two guards, they are greeted by the Chief who welcomes them

"Hello visitors, I am Ayan the head of this village, welcome to Sakekhama island"

Ayan said as the Admiral was surprised by the speaking of fluent English and impressed at the same time, he nods as he looks around and smiles

"I am Admiral Gunnar Nole, representative of the red Baron, on his behalf I welcome you ti his embrace"

Gunnar says with his arms stretched out and hugs Ayan, for a few moments they stood hugging until Gunnar pulls back and begins to tell Ayan his reason for coming to the island, Ayan offers him a seat and a drink while they discuss his reason for the visit, Gunnar nods and let's him lead the way

"I work for a secret organisation called Imperium, we specialise in better Humanity and protecting I from kinds of threats such as terrorism and cyberattacks, we have developed technology that has enabled us to protect ourselves from such attacks and also make weapons for our soldiers to defend themselves on the battlefield, with the help of a mineral we discovered in vast unexplored parts of the world, sadly we could not make many of our inventions due to having little of the mineral, but we have tracked it down and search for the signature it gives off tracing it to this island where it is the source and has spread like roots to various parts of the world, this island being the centre of it"

Admiral Gunnar says as Ayan looked at him listening, they walk to a shed and enter where they are served some drinks, they sit down as people where gathered around witnessing this exchange, Ayan thinks about what he describes and knew what he was searching for, their sacred Yraki.

"We would like to mine it and take back to base, because it is in your land you will be happily compensated of course, as a sign of good gesture and good will of our understanding"

Gunnar adds as Ayan looks down, he looks at his people then back at the Admiral and sighs

"I'm afraid I must decline your offer Admiral, you see the Yraki mineral is what sustains life her on Sakekhama, the plants, the clean water, the entire environment including the good whether conditions, harvesting the Yraki would mean the end of life here, I hope you understand Admiral"

Ayan nods and stands up from the chair having not touched his drink, Ayan stand up as well as Gunnar apologises for wasting Ayan's time and makes his way towards the helicopter but them stops as he turns to the head of the village Ayan with a smile on his face, he takes a deep breath and looked down then pulled his weapon out and shot Ayan in the head making people gasp in shock and others scream watching in horror, Gunnar puts his weapon away and looked at the other people and wants to be taken where the Yraki is, while they are taken there a boy sneaks away unseen and ran to where the King of Sakekhama island is said to reside meaning to ask for aid against these foreign invaders. While Gunnar was taken inward the Imperial forces descend into island as ships land on shore with drilling machines. The people of Sakekhama retaliated and rebelled against the invaders but their advanced technological weapons were too great to stand against, Tarak intervened and proved a challenge to their weapons due to his being an Evolved Human, they had never anticipated encountering one, the reports of the last red Baron to be here was that he encountered an Evolved Human and was killed in action, they discover it is the same one that killed the last red Baron who came here with a band of pirates 14 years ago. Fight went on for months, people died and battles were lost, the forces proved to be too much for Tarak to handle alone, watching as the machines began mining and drilling into their mountains for the Yraki mineral, Tarak and those who are left resorted to guerrilla tactics and strategies to sabotage and destroy, but Tarak needed something permanent to solve this so he takes a bird and wrote a letter to Cosima and asks for her help in fighting against these invaders, meaning for her to alert authorities or anyone who might help them.