Chapter Three: "Kira"

*The mind is a powerful force, it can enslave us or empower us.
It can plunge us into the depths of misery or take us to the heights of ecstasy.
Learn to use the power wisely, for if your path demands you walk through Hell, you walk like you own the place.
There are no wrong turnings, only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.*

I am Kira Takara, born in Tokyo Japan, my mother, a loving and loyal woman who does everything required of a wife to do for her family, my father, the head of the Yakuza and the most feared, I am to one day take his seat and continue the legacy he had built for me. When I was five I was coming home from school, having gotten annoyed with the bodyguards assigned to watch over me by my father I escaped them and went on my own, I was happy I was free to do as I please and go anywhere I please, the city was big and people were many whom walked the streets, I have never been this happy since father had a Kitana forged in my honour for my birth, the Kitana had an engraving on it in the form of my name Kira, meaning Dark, I suppose it was due to my being a Noir girl. I stopped at a candy shop and entered, buying as many sweets as I could afford with the pocket money I get from father, I hop and skip like a happy rabbit clutching at my sweets, I was oblivious to the danger lurking behind me, stalking me when the chance presented itself I was grabbed and dragged to an ally, held at knife point I was afraid they would hurt me, they wanted my money and my sweets, I refused and tried to threaten them but they saw through me, the try to pry the sweets from my hand, I scream loud but mo one cared as they walked past like nothing was happening, I was five and needed help, no one came to my aid so I faught back like father always told me to do, I felt a slap which made my cheek hurt, anger filled me as out of reflex I lost all sense of self and a powerful burst of force pushed them away, they get up looking at me in disbelief but I was so mad I could not let this go, father punishes those who wrong him and I would do the same.

As they get up to run I make one of them stop and slap him hard against the wall his blood splattered on it, I clean after the other one, entering the streets without having looked as I was taught in school before crossing, I stop dead in my tracks as an on coming truck honked it's horn and was about to run me over, then all of a sudden the truck stopped dead in its tracks as if it ran into a wall, the entirety of the front was smashed. I could not believe it, I did not know what was happening so I ran off having forgotten about the robber. After I got home I found my father upset and the bodyguards whom were suppose to watch over me were on their knees, once he saw me I could see the relief in his eyes even though he kept his stoic posture, I went to my knees next to the bodyguards and began telling father what had befallen me, how I stopped a truck simply by telling it to stop. Father did not believe me and just lectured me about evading the bodyguards whom were there to make sure I was safe so none of his enemies could get ahold of me and use me to get to him, I had not realised their purpose until now, someone wanted to use me to hurt my father, I apologized with tears in my eyes, making father lenient with me but not the guards as he has them each cut a finger of their own as an offering and an ask for forgiveness, father accepted and warned them next time it would be their lives, I saw the change in his eyes when he spoke to his men, it was like I didn't recognise him.

Morning came, I get up to be ready for school, when got downstairs for breakfast I find father and mother sitting and looking my way, I gulp assuming he'd told her, they tell each other everything, mother was upset I put myself in danger and warms me to never to it again. After gaining her composure she asks me about what had happened, I told her everything and she saw it as a way to further strengthen the status of the Yakuza and father as well as mine for when I take his place in the future, she offers to train me to hone my skills and control my abilities. Years later, I am now a woman  mother had died of cancer leaving father heartbroken and more ruthless then ever, he buried himself in work not giving himself time to grieve, I had to remain strong for him and show no weakness, now that I have control over my powers, my father would rely on me to handle some important missions while his empire grew stronger, he would send me on missions like assassinations and sending strong messages, I became well known in the criminal underworld as well as feared, father did not forget to also solidify his status so that when I'm gone he was still feared, removing the notion that he is only feared because of me, my Telekinetic powers could put me above him but on purpose I hold back so I do not overshadow him, he is old and soon will leave me to be with mother, that is when I will show my true power.

I can move things with my mind without touching them, I could dismember foes, crush their heads, break their limbs one by one hence I study Human anatomy, my favourite move is killing them with aneurysm. But I don't take lives for fun, I use my power to protect my family and crush rebellion, my mother made me promise to never use this power to terrorise people whom presented no threat as no one is ever truly innocent. I swore on her grave I would make her proud, I hope so far I have, and will always continue doing so as long as I live, even though I lose my way most times, see there's good and bad in all of us, and it's up to us which side we elect to win the battle within, I fear the bad is winning because I'm enjoying it a little too much.