Chapter Five: "Tortured Soul"

*Deep within the walls of a seemingly perfect life.
Lies a tormented soul bound by guilt's chains and gagged by self-contempt.
For the most beautiful of prisons are prisons nonetheless.
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest of souls; the most massive of characters are seared with scars.*

Days before the Black Wolf murder....

Haunting screams echo in the dark, man stands in an empty Black void, small white waves emitted from under his feet as if standing in water, voices of pleading and begging for mercy were loud and deafening, man crouched down placing both hands on ears shielding them from the cries, tears dripped down making ripples, man opens his eyes and sees his father, half sibling and the father's wife, horrid looking they were, disfigured and burned, their eyes weighed heavy on him, shackles appeared on his ankles and wrists, the father taunting man about his murdering him and his family, repeatedly saying the word over and over as man was being pulled under

"You did this!"

Man looks up reaching for his father's hand so he can be pulled out but father just watched as man was dragged beneath the surface and was drowning, in the real world sounds of grunting and panting filled the room of a motel, blankets laid on the floor as Malakai was tossing and turning, sweaty he was, soaking the sheets he laid on, wearing only boxers of black colour, talking in his sleep, begging for help, repeatedly saying.

"Forgive me"

Over and over till he sits up looking at the darkness in the room he slept in, he quickly reached for the lamp on his bedside and switched it on to make sure the nightmare was over, he placed his hands on his face and wipes the sweat, he scans around seeing how soaked the sheets were, he gets up placing his bare feet on the carpet floor and removed the sheets, throwing them away waiting for the cleaner to come take them. He stood by the window and sighs looking out, sleep was no longer an option for him, he had to wake early to find a job for himself, no longer using the name Malakai but just Kai now, and changed his last name.

Kai sat on the bed looking at the window as they sky began turning blue from the coming sunrise, he stands on his feet and went to shower, coming out and drying his marine cut black hair, his physique was incredible, almost Inhuman to others' perspective, a marine tattoo on his left shoulder, signalling his time in the marine Corps, serving his country while also trying to attone for his sins. Kai had recently came back from his last tour in Iraq, when he had the chance he'd practice flying, honing his power in case he ever needed to use them on the field to aid his fellow soldiers, and he did, being placed in charge of scouting ahead to see the playing field, no one knew how he did it and he never revealed it, Kai would fly in the dead of night over enemy camp, to spy, evading government drones which flew over the war zone area, he'd come back with Intel and thus gaining advantage for his team, one time they were pinned and needed air support but none would come, the area being dubbed a red zone, Kai....in the midst of battle and in a smoke covered field took to the sky, landed behind enemy lines and decimated the entire opposition, seeing red and going berserk, Kai was blood drunk and almost took out one of his own but did stop himself in time. Now that he was back he had to see what purpose he has other than fighting wars in foreign countries, wearing blue jeans and black boots, Grey t-shirt and black jacket, he took one last look at the mirror and sees flashes of the father and his family, disfigured and burned, he blinks his eyes and they disappeared just as they appeared, Kai walks to the door reaching for the nob with his left hand and twists it, pulling it open to find the cleaning lady there about to knock, she greets him and Kai responds with a nod and a slight smile, thanking her for her services and left, leaving her to her devices, Kai had an arsenal of weapons stored away in the motel, in a big green bag, the cleaning lady knew to never look into his things he made it clear to her, he never unpacks anything having no expectation of staying in one place for long, Kai was in constant move.