Stalker

Mari Pov

Mi and mi bro go link mumz. As mi step in mi hear chattering mi know a Aunt Hillary and her husband Neco Hillary.

We went in the kitchen where they were around the island chatting. "Evening" we said in unison.

They told us Evening. "A Wavi this get so big?" Aunt stood up walking over to Ethan and hugged him. "Look how mi meet Mari first think a you mi would a buck pon road. Yuh remember mi?" She ask Ethan. Wavi is Ethan yard name everyone call him so.

"YAH mon" he respond, all when him don't remember him remember.

"Look how mi used to change uno pamper" she says and we chuckle.

Know much ppl change yuh pamper. My subconscious reminds me.

All mi a try fi avoid the awkwardness.

I turned around to see a brown slim girl around 5ft. With green and black braids and beads on the end, it reaches her shoulder. She's in a blue ripped jeans and a Gucci shirt. She looks good.

"This is your cousin uno use to play together when you were younger. Mari is 1 year older than her. Mari is 25 right? She's 24 and Big big Wavi a 27" she said as she gesture her hands counting the years on her hands. "You remember her Wavi?"

"You a Serena? Right?" Wavi says unsure. She nodded.

"You remember her?" Her mom ask and I say 'no'.

*****

After a while we were in the kitchen talking. Mumz a cook bake chicken and curry chicken and rice and peas.

"Mi a go out desso uno a fawud?" I ask both Wavi and Serena. They nodded and we walked to the living room.

We sat on the couch watching TV. Well me and Wavi a use we phone and Serena a watch Netflix an show weh name Never have I never something like that.

"Mari you know mi a medz the thing yuh tell mi yesterday bout the girl and yuh know mi know a who yuh a chat Silk did bring her a the pub one time" Wavi say.

"Nuh mention it cause mi stomach sick" I said. Wavi start tease me bout it.

"A bet mi fly a shot inna yuh skull fi mek yuh shut up" I say to Wavi.

"A mi teach yuh bout gun eno and yuh wah shot yuh older bredda?" He state.

"Stop tek credit yuh just did know the ropes before mi shush" I say to him.

"Alright anything you say... My girl say she can give the dawg heads if him wah" he said mocking the mad gyal I met few days back. Me seriously don't know why mi tell him. I hiss.

"Sere" I called Serena.
She looked at me from across the other couch. "Give me yuh number" I say giving her my phone. As she put in her number Wavi give her his phone as well.

"Yuh in college right?" I ask her and she nodded.

"UWI this is mi last year" she said.

"Mi go UWI today eno. You nuh go today?" I ask her.

"No" she replied. I ask her what she's studying.  " Am thinking about becoming a veterinarian doctor" she replied.

"You like animals?" Wavi ask.
She nodded.
"We a go up deh tomorrow" I told her.

"Uwi?" She ask and I nodded. "Uno can pick mi up? Mi have evening class"

"We a leave out afta 1 that gov?" I ask her and she nodded.

"Uno come fi uno food" Mommy came in the living room and called us. We went in the dining room and sat down.

"Mari pray" Mommy say. I look at mommy with a side eye.