Potential

Omari Pov

We finished our meals and went up back to the car. It was now 5:14pm, so the time was getting dark.

As we walk over to the car we held hands and I opened the door for Riah. She smiled, "Thanks" I gave her nod and she went in. I made way over to the other side as I was about open the door someone patted me on the shoulder, I look to see it's who.

It's a girl. "Umm.. I-I saw you from over there. I was wondering if I could get your number?" I look at her second.

I like seriously?

"Why?" I ask her. "Umm. I just think you were handsome." She says nervously.

"Why are you nervous?" I with curiosity. "This is the impression you put on me" she replied

Oh really?

The window wind's down. I look behind me. "You coming?" Riah ask peaking out.

"Yeh mon" I look back to see the girl looking at Riah in a displeased look. When notice I was looking she gave me a smile.

Fake. My subconscious says

Mi fraid a them gyal yah yf.

"You know mi?" I ask her in a deadly tone. "N-No why yuh ask?" She say with a nervous smile.

She know yuh mon. Subconscious smirked

Who doesn't?

I nodded my head. "So can I have your number?" She ask. "Or I could give you my number instead?" She says.

"Yeh mon. Can work with that" I nodded. "Mi phone dead so write it on something"

She went in her fake Gucci hand bag and took out a pen and a paper. She pressed it on her hand bag and then gave me.

Riah hissed. "Desperate" she mumbled. The girl heard and hissed as she rolled her eyes.

"My name is Micka by the way..." she say stretching her hands for a hand shake. "Mari" I told her.

"Mi affi go now so..." I gave her look saying so. "OK bye. Call mi yuh hear" she says walking away.

I opened the car door and sat down. Only to see Riah opening the door and went to the passenger side. She opened the door and sat down.

I turned to her. "Why you do that?" She doesn't answer. I sigh. "Mi nah text har eno"

She hisses. "Cut out them dutty style deh yuh hear? You no know No" She says as she emphasis on the 'no'.

"You would a want me say no to yuh?" I ask her. "If a did you?"

"So you couldn't say you have an gir-... You know what Never mind" she says folding her arms. "You can say it eno. She obviously see when you go in a the car and as you can see how she act when she see yuh she didn't care" I told her in a calm tone.

She hisses. "No don't exist again?" She mumbled. "My girl come round here so. Mi nah run nuh taxie" I say looking at her from head to toe.

"Why you still have the paper?" Whe ask.

"You want it? Cause mi will give yuh" I said putting the paper her lap.

"Best you can do is drive so shut yuh f-" she stops.

"See how yuh act innocent and can cuss bad word" I say

She hisses "Drive nuh" she say angrily. I hissed. "Wait and see" I mumbled turning around to face the stirring wheel.

****

We're almost home, but I decided to stop at Krispy creme donut to lift her mood. The drive through was too long so I decided to by it on the inside. I parked my car in the parking lot.